Bring

🖤

Taehyung

Restlessness spikes inside me as we're waiting for Mark to return with news after we updated him about our recent findings. I couldn't stay put anymore. The newborn hope that I might be close to finally reaching Iris is sending me into overdrive.

A very strong intuition tells me that I'm going to find her soon. That I will hold her in my arms and whisper to her over and over again how much I love her.

The office door flies open and Mark emerges with a small smile on his face, "I have some good news and some bad news, which one do you wanna hear first?"

"The good news", Chris and I say in chorus.

"The good news is that they are not outside the country. We checked the names of passengers on both public and private planes in the past seventeen days and they're all clear", he explains.

My heart sinks with relief and jolts with a thrill at the same time. This narrows down the options of where he's keeping her.

"And what's the bad news?", Chris asks.

Oh. I forgot about that.

"The bad news is that we have no lead on where she might be held at."

He must be hiding at a place that we wouldn't consider searching in. Somewhere that's not exposed but not too obvious either. Where might that be?

"Taehyung", a voice calls. "Do you have an idea about where we can begin looking?"

I stare at Mark for a few seconds before I remember an important detail.

"His old house", I mumble.

Chris catches up on my thoughts and gasps, "Of course! We must find something there!"

"Okay, that's good. At least we know where to start. I'll gather my team and we will leave immediately."

Mark marches to his office, a new determination filling his demeanor.

We have to find something. That fucker must have left something behind him. A thread. Anything that will compromise his hideaway.

A vibration in my pocket startles me out of my mind and I reach for my phone to see an unknown number calling me.

Normally, I don't answer unknown numbers, but I always hope that Iris found a way and is calling for help.

"Hello?"

Disappointment washes over me when a shaky, feminine voice replies, "Hi. Is this Kim Taehyung?"

I sigh, "Yes. Who are you?"

"I...". A long pause, "I'm Leya, Ms. Iris's assistant."

I thought I recognized the voice, but I couldn't pinpoint it. She's the one who was with Laura the other day.

"How can I help you?", I ask, sounding uninterested. I didn't mean to be rude, but now isn't the right time to talk.