Space

Iris

"I want you to give me another chance."

Another chance...

I detected the vulnerability in his voice, the way it cracked at the end, the way he's trying to stabilize his erratic heartbeat. Those little things don't go unnoticed.

There's a war going on between my heart and my mind, the former craves its lover while the latter denies him, in fear of experiencing the same pain again... Only this time it would be much worse.

I want to forgive him. I do. But I'm scared. The fear of being rejected again is terrifying.

He's searching my eyes for an answer, a glimpse of hope and at this moment, I decided to let him in. Allow him to see what I've been hiding under the mask.

He then smiles warmly at me and sighed a breath of relief, "My Iris."

His Iris...

His hands traveled to my waist to embrace me, but I stopped him, "I need some space first."

I gently removed his hands, and I know it bothered him yet he didn't show any annoyance and rather nodded happily, "Take all the time you need. I'll wait for you."

"Thank you."

"That's the least I can give you."

A comfortable silence took over, before I interrupted, "I'll be working on my sketches outside."

He nodded, "And I'll go change."

I carried my belongings and was headed to the garden when he spoke, "Iris."

Hearing him utter my name does weird things to my heart.

"Yes", I halted.

He grabbed the blanket from the couch and he put it around me, tightening it on my shoulders. I admired his caring eyes while he was fixing it properly on my body.

"It's cold outside", he simply stated and I never thought I could fall in love with him even more.

"Thank you."

He was going to hug me but decided not to and left. It was my request to have some space, but I kind of wanted him to hug me.

I tried to sketch something but nothing came out. His words kept echoing in my head and as if his words weren't an enough distraction, his deep, sweet voice filled the air along with the soft melody of his guitar.

And I'm supposed to be working? Yeah, right.

I'm determined to sketch this fucking dress and finish it by tomorrow, so if it means that I'm not going to sleep tonight then be it.

I fetched my headphones and played songs randomly, until I came across a familiar voice.

I stopped my pen and spaced out, pouring my entire attention to the lyrics.

I was mesmerized by his rich honey-like voice, making wonders to my poor heart.

These lyrics...

Nobody love me like you
And I can't love nobody back
You remind me of the moon
Cause' every night you coming back

What am I supposed to do?
If I'm so in love with you
I cannot get over you

Since you left me every night I go stare at the moon
Wishing it was you and I that's something we would do
Every Sunday morning I go watch the flowers bloom
I do things we used to do hoping I'll run into you