Together

❤️

Iris
"Are you two...?", Yoongi trails off pointing at our intertwined hands. I glance at Tae and there's a big smile carved on his face when he answers, "Yes hyung...", he faces me, "we're together".

The room goes silent, nobody utters a single word. Jimin is eyeing us worriedly and we're all waiting for a sign from the older members. I bite my lower lip in anticipation and Tae tightens his hold around me. I lose all of my hope when-

"Finally!", Hobi screams, "they're together!"

"It was about time", Yoongi smirks. Namjoon pats Tae's shoulder, "We're happy for you Taehyungie... You got the right one, take care of her", he offers me one of his infamous dimple smiles. Hobi attacks us with a bear hug and jumps around the room celebrating, "Taehyungie has a girlfriend now!", and I laugh at his excitement.

Jin still seems to be shocked by the news. "I don't understand...", Jin says. "They're together hyung", Jungkook leads him onto the right track. He's still lost. Yoongi clarifies but Jin interjects, "Out of all of us, you chose this one?", I laugh so hard at his question which he seems so serious about. Tae gives him a death glare, "Very funny hyung."

"May God be with you... Good luck sweetheart", Jin hugs me and turns to Tae, who's still glaring at him. He's the only one to not find this funny, but I stop laughing once he eyes me coldly. I try to suppress my smile but I can't with him looking at me like that, "Don't be rude to her!", Jin's ears turn red. Oh-oh, you better run baby.

I lose my mind completely when Jin scolds him like he's a mischievous little kid. "You better treat her well, she's the only one who handles all your shit, so don't let her slip away from you! You're not going to find someone like her...", Jin threatens. Everybody is laughing at Jin's temper and my heart warms at his caring attitude.

"I know hyung, she's not going anywhere, she's stuck with me now", he answers and heat rushes to my face... To make things worse he pecks my cheek in front of everyone, this man.

"I-I am g-going to the bathroom", I leave quickly to avoid further embarrassment and I could hear their giggles as I head downstairs.

As soon as I walk out of the bathroom, I am met by Moni and Hyra who are giving me questioning looks. "Explain", Moni commands. Who does she think she is? I'm the older one here. Anyways, I act clueless, I know what they came here for and I already cried once today...

"What happened in the meeting? You didn't get the project because you would've called as soon as you stepped foot out of that meeting... So what happened?". Sometimes I hate that my sister knows me so well. I roll my eyes at them and attempt to leave but they block my way and prevent me from going any further. I can't deal with this right now.

"Nothing happened... You're right, I didn't get the project. That's it", I state half the truth. I know they're going to overreact if I tell them about the whole stealing thing. My blood boils at the reminder of that bitch.

They give me unsatisfied looks, they could see right through my lies. I give up, there's no point in hiding it anyway. "I quit my job", I mention nonchalantly. "What? Why?", Moni asks. Jungkook comes and saves me at the same time I was going to tell them everything. My dear future brother-in-law.

He looks between the three of us, "What type of witchery is going on here?".
"Babe, it's not the right time. We're discussing something serious", Moni tries to shoo him away, he glances at me and I shake my head in disapproval. "Anyways, Iris, Taehyung is looking for you", thankfully, he understands.

"I should go", I slip away before they block my way again. Perfect timing Jungkook! I head back upstairs and Tae brings me to his side. "Are you okay baby?"