Tough Luck

❤️

Iris
"I need to search, give me back my laptop", I whine as Tae snatches my laptop.

"You're on a break now, there's no need to search for a job", he deadpans.

"But I-", he shoots me a glare, "I know what I said, but I can't sit around doing nothing all day."

"It's only been a day Iris. Take a breath, give yourself some time", he's serious, he called me by my name. I give up and slump on the couch.

"Baby, I know you're worried, but you need to trust the process. Everything happens for a reason. Realize that if a door closed, it's because what was behind it wasn't meant for you", he soothes and I let his words sink in. He's right. I've been so focused on the destination, I forgot to enjoy the journey. "Come here", I jump into his arms and try to relax for a bit.

He rubs my back in a calming manner, "Do you want to go somewhere?", I shake my head and he sighs. My period cramps are surfacing, so I'm not in the mood to go out. "Do you want to watch a movie?", I shake my head again. "Then what do you want to do?", I know he's trying to lift my mood but staying like this is enough for me.

"I want to cuddle", I say what's on my mind. We lay on the couch and he reaches out for a blanket to cover us with, I place my head on his chest and listen to the steady rhythm of his heart. This is peaceful.

An abdominal pain shoots through me and involuntarily, I clutch my stomach with my hands. He notices my pain and without saying anything, he removes my hands and replaces them with his. He rubs my stomach in a circular motion and I ease at the comfort he's providing me with. I close my eyes and try to relax in his arms. With all the pampering I'm receiving, I erase all the negative thoughts off my mind and drift off to sleep...

"Baby", I hear some soft whispering, "Iris"

"Baby", I hear some soft whispering, "Iris". I snuggle closer and bury my face in his neck. He giggles at my clingy behavior, "Are you planning to spend the whole day sleeping?"

I nod, circling his neck. "You've been sleeping for four hours", he states and my eyes widen. This is the longest nap I've ever had! "Really?", I ask.

"Yeah."

I'm not the type of person to take such long naps, because usually, I'm busy working, that's why it's hard for me to process this piece of information. I shrug at him, I don't have anything to do, so I go back to sleep... But Tae has other plans.

"Tae! Put me down! I want to sleep!", I whine and cling to the couch for dear life. He pulls me and I abandon the now-empty couch.

"No, you're not going back to sleep. We have things to do", he mentions.

"What things are you talking about?" We haven't planned anything for today.

"Living", he deadpans. He sets me on the kitchen counter and asks, "What do you want to eat?"