Epilogue: Christmas

🎄❤️

Iris

Normal people spend Christmas Eve at home with their families, cuddled up beside the fireplace and drinking a steaming cup of hot chocolate. Not freezing their asses off in a Winter Wonderland when the temperature is below zero! When Jungkook came up with the idea, I thought Taehyung would refuse, saying the weather is cold and all, but he's the one who insisted.

Even though I can feel the frost gnawing in my bones, I look decently fashionable. I paired a cropped black turtleneck with black flared pants and a stylish wool jacket. It completes my outfit perfectly. I was going for a square-cut black dress but the fact that it's snowing heavily didn't help. We're standing in the middle of a snowstorm... For the love of God, what are we doing here?

This whole place was booked for us, everyone is here. The members even showed up with their significant others. Imagine my surprise when I knew they had girlfriends as well, my jaw was slacked. With all the drama going on in my life, I didn't have the time to open my eyes and look around. But I'm happy for them nonetheless, they all look joyful with their partners by their side. Yoongi is blushing even. Now that's something you don't see every day!

Dad is here too, strolling around and passing me smiles every now and then. We talked everything through a while ago. As usual, Taehyung was right. Nothing good would come out of cutting him out of my life, after all, he might not be my flesh and blood, but he's the best father I could ever have... He even offered to help me search for my biological father, but I refused. A man who raped my mother and made her go through hell is no man I'd like to know. I'm grateful for what I have. Thank you very much.

While each couple is snuggling together, I am left alone next to the giant Christmas tree and Tae is nowhere to be found. As soon as we came, he said he had something urgent to attend to and he never returned. I'm skeptical about him, he's definitely up to something.

I should go look for him, maybe I could seduce him into heading back home. I smirk at the idea and begin my search.

"Are you going somewhere?", Jungkook blocks my way, crossing his arms over his chest and eyeing me down as if I committed a mistake.

I mimic his posture and answer, "I am. You got a problem with that?"

"Depends on your destination, Missy", he uses that authoritative tone on me.

I narrow my eyes at him, "I don't see how that concerns you, Jeon. Go back to your wife and I'll go to my boyfriend."

A smirk slowly appears on his features and he says, "Wait for him here. He'll be here in a minute."

"How the hell do you know? He disappeared since we arrived, what if something bad happened to him?"

"He's fine. Don't worry."

I huff out a sigh, annoyed with this little shit and I almost overstep him when Dad sends me a warning look. Come on Dad! You too?

I turn and stomp back to my spot in front of the Christmas tree. It's like I'm punished for stealing Santa's cookies. Meanwhile, Mr. Kim is nowhere to be found.

Besides the frostbite, this place is magical. Small booths are set up with traditional carnival games and prizes to be won. Ring toss, Bullseye, Balloon Darts, Dunk Tank, and many more. Not to forget the food kiosks and candy machines and hot drinks bar. The snow adds this dreamy asset to the festive atmosphere as if this place came out of a Pinterest board.

Pretty impressive to be honest. But I wish Taehyung would come already so we could have some fun, I'm bored and cold. I'm hungry too. What the hell is he doing anyway?

The Scars Between Us | KTH ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें