Heated

🖤

Taehyung

Her taunting words swirl recklessly in my mind as I try to piece the puzzle together. I know her well enough to figure out when she's telling the truth and when she's not. But she's trying to provoke me, get a reaction out of me, and it's working.

I couldn't hold myself back in her office, with her granting me access, I couldn't stand there without being so damn close to her. She didn't push me away or stop me from touching her, and I gladly took my time savoring every inch of her. It's been so hard not being able to hold her for two fucking years, not being with her, not breathing in her addictive scent... It was raw agony.

But instead of dwelling on the time that I didn't have her in my arms, I'm gonna gravitate her toward me again. Make her feel safe with me again. Plaster an authentic smile on her face again. Ignite the dimmed sparkles in her eyes again. Make her choose to be mine again. Not that she isn't already.

It's gonna take a while, a very long while... But she will realize what an idiot I am and forgive me for what I've done. Because I know that deep down, in her broken heart, she still loves me. Hopefully, her feelings didn't change and her love didn't die out. Though she did.

She's not the same person anymore. That's on me, I'm the one to blame for that. Yet, glimpses of My Iris surface sometimes. There are still a few traces of the girl I fell in love with, the shooting star painted on her ceiling is enough evidence.

In self-defense, she built these protective walls around her, preventing her heart from experiencing the same trauma again. I believe, with time, I could melt down these walls and have My Iris back.

"Earth to Taehyung!", Namjoon hyung waves his hand in front of my face, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah. What's up?", I find them all staring at me carefully, as if trying to read my mind. It's not that easy though.

"Were you even listening to what we were saying?", Yoongi hyung raises the question.

"Not really", I shrug.

"Seriously Taehyung-You know what? Never mind", Namjoon hyung sighs, rubbing his temple patiently.

"We're waiting for your mixtape, Taehyung. You haven't turned in anything yet, and there are only a few weeks left... We've been postponing the release date for a long time now, we don't want to keep the Armys waiting any longer", Jin hyung breaks it down to me.

I release a sigh and run a hand through my hair before explaining, "The songs are ready. I just need to record them."

"Great! What are you waiting for then?", Jimin hyung furrows his brows.

"It's not as easy as it sounds. I-I need some time."

They nod in unison, "We understand."

These guys are the best. With them, I don't need to explain myself or do something out of my comfort zone. They are always here for me, having my back. That's why I stuck with them till now, despite Jungkook being a pain in my ass sometimes.

"Okay. Now that this is settled, I'm heading out. Later", Jungkook announces.

"Wait. Where are you going?", Namjoon hyung asks.