Not A Dream (NSFW)

Emily dreams of Alison often. Whenever she is lonely, Alison is there or a version of her at least. A version Emily made up. Sweet and kind and loving. At least that is what she thinks. Dream Alison only rejects Emily twice and Emily realizes, it may not be just a dream.

The first time dream Alison rejects her, she is confused but too drunk to process. Emily lays in bed, drunk off her ass and crying her eyes out. Maya had been found and all she wants is to not feel the pain. She feels arms wrap around her and she opens her eyes, seeing Alison. She leans in to kiss her and Alison pulls back, shaking her head.

"You're drunk and grieving. I respect you too much to take advantage of that. So for tonight, I'm just going to hold you and let you feel all of those feelings."

The second time dream Alison rejects her, it's Alison who is hurting. Emily is laying in bed almost asleep when Alisom climbs through her window. Emily opens her eyes to see Alison standing next to the bed, blood staining her clothes. Alison kisses her softly but pulls back when Emily's hand starts to wander.

"I don't want you to see how bad it is. I just want to be here with you. You make me feel safe."

Emily moves to lay on her back and motions for Alison to lay with her. Alison lays down, cuddling into Emily's side as tears drift down her face.

"I want to come home."

Emily stares at the ceiling, running one hand through Alison's hair, comforting her.

"I'm not dreaming this, am I?"

Alison holds onto her tighter and Emily feels her shake her head slightly.

"Was any of it a dream or have you really been here this whole time?"

Alison's response is barely audible. "I couldn't leave you. With you is the only time I feel safe."

Emily closes her eyes and thinks back to every moment these past couple of years. Every late night talk. Every kiss. Their first time.

Emily wakes to Alison sitting next to her on the bed, writing away in a journal.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm writing you a book."

"Can I see?"

"Not yet, silly. It's a surprise."

Alison closes the book and sets it on the nightstand before turning back to Emily.

"You look so beautiful, Em. So peaceful when you're sleeping."

Emily smiles. "You sound like that creep, Edward, from Twilight."

Alison chuckles. "Would you like me to stop watching you sleep?"

"No. It's like you're my guardian angel or something."

Alison smiles and adjusts herself so she is laying facing Emily.

"Would your guardian angel do this?"

Alison leans forward, kissing Emily.

"Maybe."

"What about this?"

Emily gasps as Alison kisses down her neck and scrapes her teeth against Emily's pulse point.

"Or this."