CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE.

The forest of Ravka were harsh but Liliya, Ivan, Aleksander and David had managed to traverse through with ease. Liliya had been leading the group forward and she was determined to find Alina and Mal. Their Sun Summoner could not get away and she knew that time was of the essence. The longer Alina was away, the more dangerous it was.

But night was falling quickly and visibility was getting worse and worse. The tracks and marks she had been tracking were becoming more and more sparse and harder to find now that the sun had set. It would be impossible and with the snow that had begun to fall, it was nearly impossible to make out any footprints in the terrain.

Liliya had come to a stop while the trio continued to forge ahead. But she was trying to get her bearings. She wasn't even sure if they were still in that direction any longer. She had been leading them forward in blind hope. It was the most logical place for them to go.

"Aleksander," Liliya said as she moved to look around, squinting through the door. After a moment, she snapped her palms and the fire lit up her palm. It gave her a slight advantage but even with the flame, she couldn't see much. It would be dangerous to keep going especially with the snow. The terrain would only get icier.

"Yes, milaya," He asked. She met his gaze and his face was lit up by the flame. He had moved away from the front of the group and stood across from her. His tone was irritated and she knew that she needed to keep them moving but she couldn't go any further with a clear conscience. She knew that she would be taking them into certain death.

"We cannot go any further tonight. It's too treacherous in the dark," She explained. Aleksander narrowed his eyes and Liliya pushed the flame to be brighter. He looked displeased and she couldn't blame him. They had been trekking for hours. They were exhausted. Liliya's feet ached and they were no closer to finding Alina again.

"And what if our Sun Summoner finds the Stag while we are resting?" Aleksander asked. He sounded so frustrated, angry. She wouldn't have minded if it was directed at someone else but she had been trying her best. She had gone with his every plan while they were together and now, she was taking charge and he disliked it. She disliked the lack of trust.

"With how late it is and dark, she will be resting too," Liliya snapped in response. Aleksander's eyes narrowed and he glanced back at Ivan and David. David was roaming around the area but kept himself in sight. He was doing his best to track Alina through the iridium ring but it was not going as well as he hoped. They didn't seem to be any closer to Alina than they had been back at the town.

"And how can you be sure?" Kirigan asked as he looked into her eyes. His voice had turned back to a neutral tone and she tilted her head slightly. He clearly did not trust her enough and that was exhausting. It seemed he had lost her trust the second that Alina had escaped the Little Palace when

"Kotik," Liliya said as she stepped closer to him. She couldn't touch him like she wanted to. Ivan and David were around but she wanted him to understand. She wanted to find Alina just as much as he did but they couldn't do it now, like this. It would be too much of a risk for both of them, "You aren't trusting me." There was a frown on her face and Aleksander glanced around the area. He could see David had come to a slow a few feet away from them. He looked like he had found something.