CHAPTER ELEVEN

CHAPTER ELEVEN

Roma and Lev returned a few days after her date with Aleksander. Her sleep had fluctuated between terrible and normal but with their return, she felt at ease. They had come back injured and Roma was nearly on deaths door but they were alive. Liliya was glad that they were and had allowed them to rest for a few days. Both her and Aleksander had agreed that they needed - and deserved - it after the time they had been away from the Little Palace.

From what she had heard from Roma, it wasn't pleasant and Lev had only added to that. They had encountered Isaak more than once from what she had heard but she had to wait for the meeting to get the full details. They were going to sit in Aleksander's office and get the full story. Liliya wasn't exactly looking forward to it but she had no other choice especially if they wanted to kill Isaak.

The morning had been slow. Aleksander had been busy with various other pieces of paperwork but left Liliya lying in the bedroom, staring at the ceiling. Her arm rested across her eyes as she let out a long sigh. She then rolled over onto her stomach and closed her eyes. Letting the silence of the room invade her mind. It helped calm her slightly but all she could think about was the meeting.

Not even training with Arina that morning had stopped her from thinking and overthinking, again and again. Arina had tried her best but there was only so much that the black-haired woman could do. They ended up finishing early and Arina disappeared back to her room. Liliya hadn't really talked to her properly in weeks but she didn't have the energy to either.

All her energy was focused on Alina and Aleksander and getting this plan to be perfect. There was so many things that could go wrong or change and they had to be vigilant. It was causing Liliya a lot more stress than she initially hoped it would but there was nothing she could do.

A knock at the door made her jump and she rolled over off the bed. Her arms stretched above her head, her back arching and walking on her tiptoes as she stretched her body out. Then she fell to her feet normally and pulled the door open. Roma stood on the other side with a smile on his face.

"General is back," Roma said. Liliya nodded and then walked over to the dresser. She snatched up her kefta and pulled it over her shoulders before heading out the door. Roma walked by her side. The silence filling the space between them. Liliya didn't know what to say so just focused on getting to the office and then they could discuss what they actually needed to go through.

When they walked in, Lev was already discussing with Kirigan. The two in conversation and Aleksander's face brightened when he saw Liliya. She looked a little directed and dishevelled from her rolling around in the sheets but Aleksander didn't question it.

"Take a seat, Roma," Kirigan said, gesturing to the seat next to Lev. Roma quickly took it while Liliya strolled across to Kirigan's side of the desk. She grabbed a chair and dragged it over before sitting down. Her hands resting in her lap. Kirigan said nothing and instead leant forward. His arms resting against the desk as he waited for Lev to continue.