CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR.

The sun was hanging high in the sky when they reached the Second Army Camp. The Grisha tests had already been set up for them and Liliya was glad. She wanted nothing more than to lie in bed and distract herself from the hulking mass of a black wall that seemed to call to her. Aleksander had created it and there was a unique connection between them so she wasn't entirely surprised by how the Fold called her.

As she lay back in her and Aleksander's bed, she saw the flash of light. Even visible through the cloth of the tent. For a moment, she thought it was merely a new weapon that she hadn't heard of but then she heard footsteps and Aleksander appeared. He looked victorious and it only took Liliya a moment to understand.

"Our Sun Summoner?" She asked. Aleksander nodded and held his hand out to her. The smile spreading across his lips. She took his hand and pressed a soft kiss to his lips. It had been so long and now they had found them, found who they had been seeking.

"They are in the Fold but soon enough, the skiff will return. I sent Zoya to ensure the message got to Zlatan. I suppose our rendezvous with the General will have to wait," He explained and she nodded. Her arms wrapping around his waist. This had been what they were waiting for. Ever since Daish, they wanted the Sun Summoner. After he revealed his plans, they needed the Sun Summoner. They weren't going to scare anyone off with only their power. They needed the Summoner and now they had them. It was a twisted joy that Liliya felt. It almost made her feel sorry for the poor soul who happened to be the Summoner but the larger part of her was happy. They could protect everyone.

"We won't need to ensure Zlatan's support provided everything goes to plan," Liliya said as she ran her fingers through Aleksander's hair. Her elation, however, dampened when she realised something. Isaak. They hadn't found him. They needed to find him.

"Is there a problem?" He asked, noticing the way the frown spread across her lips. Liliya ran her tongue over her lips before she bit her lip. It wasn't a problem, really. It was something that they could overcome but Isaak was tricky. Difficult to find. It would only cause more issues and he needed to be killed.

"Isaak," She muttered. Aleksander hummed in response before pulling her close. He wrapped his arms around her and hugged her tightly. Pressing a soft kiss to her hair before moving his lips to her ear.

"If we have our Summoner, he won't be a problem anymore. Their power will be mine and we can kill him together," Aleksander whispered. It was a promise of sorts and it made Liliya smile. Her head tilted to meet his gaze, looking into his coal black eyes that she adored so much. There was a glint of mischief and sadistic glee in his eyes. He wanted to kill Isaak and she understood that completely.

"But how do we gain the Summoner's trust? I assume they do not know they are Grisha or they hid it from us," Liliya said. Aleksander thought for a moment, running circles along her hip before he met her gaze.