CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER SIX

Once they had reached Liliya's room, the redhead collapsed against the bed. Genya sat down on the edge, resting her hands back as she looked up at the ceiling. The silence filling the space between them before Liliya turned over.

"Are you alright?" Liliya asked as she looked up at the other woman. There was a look on Genya's face that Liliya couldn't quite decipher. Somewhere between hurt and frustrated but she was trying not to show it. It was odd. Genya never seemed annoyed, not like this. So Liliya pushed herself up and shuffled over.

"I'm fine. I just needed to speak to you about... powerful men," Genya decided, unsure how to word what she meant. Liliya tilted her head, knowing exactly who she was talking about. Somehow Genya must have found out about what had happened with Kirigan. There was no way she could have but she must have seen or heard, something.

"If this is about Kirigan, I already told you I do not want to pursue him. He's my superior," Liliya said. She was only half-lying but the look on Genya's face made her gut twist in guilt. She looked exasperated with Liliya and was quick to put space between them. Her hands resting at her sides as she stared off at the wall, "Genya," Liliya said softly, sliding off the bed.

"What was the meeting about? I saw Roma, Lev and Tomas, I heard that they were tracking the Shu boy," Genya asked turning to face Liliya. The two met gazes and Genya let a soft smile appear on her lips. The anger flushing away. There was no need to argue over Kirigan or anything that was about to happen. It would be pointless.

"It was about the boy. I shouldn't say much but Kirigan is being... frustrating," Liliya said as she grabbed onto Genya's hand, pulling her towards the bed. The two of them sitting down, Liliya lying back and Genya joining her, adjusting the kefta around her body. She could see Liliya's wet hair still but didn't bother commenting.

"How?" Genya asked as she settled her hands against her stomach. Liliya rolled over onto her side, her hand going under her head as she thought for a moment. Trying to decide how to word what she meant. For all she knew, Genya may report back.

"He knows I am his best tracker yet he is confining me to the Little Palace. I am being foolish so he cannot trust me. That's what he said. He wants to keep me alive because I'm important to him," Liliya explained as she looked up at Genya. The redhead was staring at the ceiling of the bed and Liliya watched as Genya's face shifted as she spoke. The confusion, the annoyance, just a hint of jealous before she left her neutral expression on.

"You have been foolish. You don't listen to him," Genya argued. Liliya scoffed and rolled onto her back again, letting her hands rest above her head. Her fingers fiddling with the strands of hair as she let her eyes close.

"I have never listened to him unless it's necessary. He is punishing me and I think I know why," Liliya explained. Genya turned her head to Liliya, watching as her chest rise and fell.