CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE.

     Storming down the corridors, Liliya still held the same air of elegance she always did. Her hips swaying and her hands swaying at her sides without looking unnatural. Though the scowl on her face and her hands balled into fists made sure everyone avoided her. They dipped to the side of the corridor as she walked through. Her blue kefta wrapped tightly around her and the red embroidery almost acted as a warning.

     The dining hall was loud with Grisha. Various boys and girls sat on tables together. Talking loudly but they seemed to quieten as Liliya walked across the room. She didn't pay attention, just walked past them and went straight through to General Kirigan's chambers. Her composure dropping the second that she had crossed the threshold.

     Storming down the corridor, she bashed her hand against the door. Her foot tapping against the marble as she waited for a response. The sound of muffled voices could be heard and she recognised one to be Kirigan's. The other was likely Ivan or the servant. Liliya frankly didn't care and was about to slam the door open but it opened on its own before her hand even reached the handle.

     When she saw Kirigan, her whole persona changed. Her hands staying balled and the scowl still present on her lips but she toned it down especially considering that it had been a servant that opened the door.

     "Liliya, I wasn't expecting you back so soon," General Kirigan said as he met her gaze. She glared back at him and stepped through the door, crossing to stand in front of his desk, "Leave us," The man added. The servant that was standing silently by the door exited with barely a sound. Liliya continued to just glare down at him.

     "I thought it was best I gave you a report," Liliya said, not sitting down. The chairs were uncomfortable and she felt no need to make herself suffer more. The wood digging into her would only make her more frustrated. She was already exhausted.

     "I have not been made aware of the child being held in our custody," He responded. His cool and composed front only making her more irritable. His words causing her fists to clench tighter.

     "Sending me was a mistake," Liliya said, stepping back from the desk. Turning her back to him as she pushed her fingers through her red hair. It was down and had been for most of the journey back home. Now she found herself angry at how it got into her face, sticking to the bloody wound on her cheek. She hadn't even bothered to get herself healed.

     Kirigan said nothing until Liliya turned back, cocking an eyebrow at him. He tilted his head slightly before gesturing for her to sit down. Not saying a word still. A frustrated huff escaped her lips and she decided to just give in. It would be no use arguing against him.

     "What?" She asked as she crossed her arms over her chest. Kirigan mirrored her but leant forward towards her. His work discarded in front of him. A sentence half-written in scribbled ink. Though Liliya's full attention was on his face.