CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER SIX.

The meeting with the King had gone well. He seemed impressed which was exactly what Liliya and Aleksander needed. The redhead had spent a few days trying to recover and formulate plans. She kept herself to herself but Aleksander had requested that she oversaw training with Alina so Liliya finally decided to put herself out there.

She was happy to find Roma there when she arrived. Her black kefta left in her room and she simply wore her underclothes. Her hands resting at her sides as she walked up next to Roma. The curly-haired man smiled at her appearance.

"The Summoner is improving quickly, I must admit," Roma said as he watched the black-haired girl run back out of the training arena. Liliya nodded, watching her leave. Admiring her slightly with a smirk spreading across her face, "Why are you looking at her like that?" Roma asked. Liliya's gaze snapped back to Roma.

"No reason. Do you want to go hand-to-hand while we wait for her?" Liliya asked, raising an eyebrow cockily. Roma narrowed his eyes, glancing over towards Lev. He was training with Zoya while the two were back at the Little Palace.

"Sure," Roma said as he gestured for her to follow. The two of them slotted in the empty space and she lifted her hands up. Her shoulders rolling before she relaxed, allowing her face to turn stern. Her body moved quickly as she threw her first punch. Her pace was unrelenting as the two duelled. Her punches and kicks hitting with precision that Roma couldn't match.

He did his best to dodge, weave and duck under her attacks but he couldn't fight back as effectively as he used to. With Aleksander's help, Liliya had improved significantly and the shadows were unknowingly helping her in her attacks.

Liliya pressed her knee against Roma's throat, keeping him down, just as Alina ran back inside from another circuit. She slowed her run to a walk as she stared at Liliya who lifted her head at the exact right moment, giving the girl a smirk. She then lifted her knee off Roma.

"I am never sparring with you again," Roma chuckled as he rubbed his throat. Liliya chuckled and held her hand out, hauling him to his feet.

"You love training with me," Liliya said as she stepped back. Roma looked at her for a moment before he shrugged. Alina was still watching the two and Liliya noticed. She sent Alina a smirk and thought for a moment, "I think Alina should get to know what she's up against, right?" Liliya asked. Roma stared at her, silently telling her to stop but Liliya was already walking over. Her hips swaying and her smile widened.

"You're the woman who was stood with General Kirigan," Alina said, her words falling from her lips without - it seemed - her permission. Liliya smiled and nodded, holding her hand out.

"Liliya, it's lovely to meet you Alina. I would have joined you and General Kirigan to meet the King but I ran into some issues," Liliya said as Alina tentatively took her hand. They shook and the redhead then stood back. Her gaze landed on Botkin who was too distracted with another student to question what the precious Sun Summoner was doing.