baby

june 1st 2022
dallas/fort worth international airport

"Baby its gonna be okay." her mother reassured her, "its only for the summer, plus you love your brother."

she weighed the pros and the cons in her head. She didn't want to give her mother a hard time. Baby knew her mother had to work, she was just upset her mother didn't trust her to take care of herself.

"yeah i guess you're right" she said while kicking the back of her other shoe. she started down at the floor trying to refrain from letting the tears fall.

"come on baby don't be like that" her mother pleaded, "you know i would move the moon for you."

"yeah i know mom" baby reminded herself. her phone started buzzing before she realized her brother was outside waiting on her. "i have to go mommy. i love you. bye.

"bye my love. be safe use protection!" her mother exclaimed

baby hung the phone up with a groan. baby wasn't into that stuff yet. in dc she was a homebody and sheltered. it wasn't that her mother didn't want her to enjoy herself, baby just didn't know how and her mother wasn't going to rush her. she came to texas with an open mindset and hope gleamed against her skin as she thought about having a companion.

"hello" baby picked up the phone.

"im outside. hurry up." was all amani said before hanging up the phone.

baby collected her things before starting for the airport doors. as soon as she stepped out the hot air and humidity hit her. "well i wont be straightening my hair" the girl thought to herself before spotting her brothers scat in the pick up line. as baby got closer to the car, she realized there was another man sitting in the passenger seat with amani. amani hopped out of the car.

"i was missing yo pinehead ass" he stated while hugging baby and kissing her forehead.

the girl sunk into his chest for a minute before responding. "i missed you too amani."

"u ain't happy to be here a'sum?" amani asked with a look on his face.

baby smiled for the first time that day. "no i am, i swear i am" baby responded sarcastically.

little did baby know sticks was studying her through the window. he felt his grills press down on his lips as he observed the girl. she was about 5'4, she was wearing a pink crop top with black leggings and a pair of black alexander mcqueens. he knew she was spoiled and she was bad. the girl had long curly hair with short french tip nails. her lashes were done but other than that she was all natural, even down to the body.

sticks and amani were bussing plays together per usual. amani told him he had to pick someone up from the airport but he didn't specify who. he was lost when he saw a bitch come out the airport doors but he just assumed it was one of amani's hoes.

sticks heard the trunk close as the girl climbed into the backseat. sticks noticed she wrinkled her nose at the smell of the weed in the car. 'don't smoke. noted.' sticks thought to himself. she immediately picked up her phone as amani hopped back in the car.

"amani can i have aux?" before looking at herself on her instagram camera and popping the gum that was in her mouth.

"no cause u b playing sad ass shit. shut ur ass up and listen to this rio" he replied as baby sighed and sat back in her seat.

sticks kept stealing looks of the girl through the mirror. he didn't know her name, but he knew her stay would be eventful.