Chapter 59: Warmth

Start from the beginning

"I know that we will be fine since my parents are here with us, so you need to be careful. Don't let your mind wander while worrying about us. The only thing that would harm us is if you are injured." Taehyung rests his head on his mate's chest and listens to his heartbeat.

"If you ever feel nervous without me around, you can always feel my heartbeat through our link or talk to me through our link." Jungkook softly tells his mate as he gently places his hand on his mate's head and pets him.

"Thank you." Taehyung smiles and tightens his embrace around his mate. "I love you."

"I love you, too." The true blood hums and kisses the top of his mate's head.

When it is time for Jungkook to leave for the eastern border, Taehyung walks with him to the door of  their home.

"I'll be back before you know it." Jungkook kisses his mate then turns to his beautiful black wolf and runs off into the dark night.

"Taetae, do you want some warm milk?" Jin softly asks his son who is separated from his mate for the first time since they mated.

"Yes, please." Taehyung smiles and hugs his mother. The alpha follows his mother to the kitchen and watches as he heats up milk and honey for him. "Thank you for being here with me." 

"Of course, Taetae. No matter how big and grown you become, you will always be my little pup." Jin softly smiles and cups his youngest pup's cheeks. "Even if you are now a parent of three pups and Luna of Ignis."

"I hope that I can be as loving of a parent as you." Taehyung hugs his small omega parent in his arms.

"My sweet little pup, you will be even more loving than me." Jin hums and lovingly pats his adult pup's back.

"I doubt it." Taehyung mumbles and buries his face in his mother's shoulder.

When Namjoon walks into the kitchen, he sees his youngest son and mate hugging, so he goes over to the steaming honey milk and stirs it until it is ready. Once the honey milk is ready, Namjoon pours it into three mugs.

"The milk is ready." Namjoon softly tells his family.

As the three sip on their warm honey milk, they enjoy the quiet home that is now filled with warmth. Namjoon smiles as he imagines the three pups running around the mansion and playing with each other. Taehyung and Yoongi used to run around our home wreaking havoc. Now, my pups' pups will be the ones running around playing with each other.

When Taehyung finishes his honey milk, he hears Jaewook quietly calling out for him, so he gets up and places his mug in the dishwasher then goes to comfort his pup.

"Tae, let us know if you need help." Jin softly tells him.

"I will." Taehyung smiles then goes up stairs to the room his pups are sleeping in. "Wookie, are you okay?" He softly asks and walks over to his pup who is sitting up in bed.

"Wookie want Eomma." He quietly mumbles and looks out at the rainy night. "Appa."

"Appa will be okay. He is very strong and brave." Taehyung sits down on the bed next to his worried pup and gently pulls his pup into his lap. "Do you see this mark? As long as this mark is on my shoulder, Appa will come home to us." 

Jaewook quietly listens as he stares at the bite mark on his mother's shoulder then smiles a small, relieved smile.

"I'll sleep with you tonight." Taehyung hums and lies down with his oldest pup in his arms while gently brushing is fingers through his pup's soft hair. 

As Jaewook falls asleep in the safety and warmth of his mother's embrace, he sleepily stares at the mark on his mother's shoulder. After a couple of minutes, Jaewook has fallen asleep, so Taehyung closes his eyes and listens to his mate's heartbeat through their link and falls asleep.