36 | the cutest team in the leaf!

"From what I've heard, Lee's training is so intense, he's broken various bones." Neji informed, and he could see you tense. The two of you were taking a break from training while Wendy forced Minato to take a ride on Carla. Minato had taught you plenty—you and Neji already managed to learn the shadow clone Jutsu. You doubted you'd both overuse it like Naruto did, but it's come in useful. Wendy was starting to teach you those wind jutsus, along with Medical ninjutsu... She specifically elaborated on a wind vortex—deadly but useful! And she told you that sword Shisui taught you could be so much better infused with a little chakra—it could make aimed wind attacks a lot more precise.

Of course, there was the parallel of the fire dragons roar— only replaced by wind. And she wanted so badly for you to achieve dragon force. It seemed like a lot, but she narrowed it down to Medical Ninjutsu and chakra infused swords for now.

Neji was getting taught more by Minato. If you heard correctly, Minato actually thought Neji capable of learning something as mentally stimulating as his Raijin technique. You only used it once—while Minato was in control of you at that—yet it completely strained you. Though, the swiftness and speed of a Raijin could totally go with Nejis style... That combined with the Byakugan and the Hyugas natural techniques, no doubt your teammate would become a powerhouse.

Though, they were both to busy with a horse right now to teach anything. Carla had actually stayed in the sand for a while until you remembered her a week later and begged Tsunade to send in a request. Sadly, Gaara couldn't make the visit herself, but two excitable girls had dropped Carla off.

"His bones?! I knew Lady Tsunade wasn't a good temporary fill in for Sakura... I mean, she's totally pissed because of everything going on." You were practically sulking for Lee—now it seemed yours and Nejis training seemed to dull. Though, you weren't complaining about not breaking your bones. "At the very least, Tsunade will heal him back to normal."

You took another bite of your food, you had actually been eating it pretty fast before—but it looked like Nejis sudden information made you slow down. Neji had been eating slowly, the complete opposite of you—and at one point, he assumed if there were ever going to be someone he liked, she'd be graceful and patient...

He gulped. Maybe you didn't fit that category—but he couldn't take his eyes off of you. Ever since the night of New Years, he had become so conscious of you being around. He wondered if anyone else had ever felt this way, as if they weren't able to conduct themselves in a normal way around someone.

He hated it—it left him vulnerable, it distracted him, he preoccupied him—yet the warm feeling in his heart wasn't something he wanted to get rid of. You turned to look at him, and felt his breath hitch, he got caught staring like a fool.

He turned his head away, trying his best to act casual. He didn't offer a single word or explanation—worried he'd dig himself into a deeper hole as a result.

Now you were the one staring at him before you turned away, the two of you falling into a silence that had been far more awkward than the one before. It felt like just yesterday the two of you met and Neji mocked you, and now, he'd go back in time to beat the obnoxiousness out of himself.

It was such a bad first impression—and not like he cared much at all for his clan back then, but totally not befitting of a Hyuga. Back then, he called you irritable—but now he realized he was simply irritating.

Neji opened his mouth to say something, but didn't get the chance to say it before someone had landed right between the two of you. He was caught off guard by the arm around his neck that had pulled him toward something. It was the same for you, they had pulled you in from the neck.