24 | the uchiha clan

You stayed up late that night, reading through the book you had taken from the library all those years ago. This time you read through the second dragon mentioned; the wind dragon, Kaida. There were no pictures of course, similar to how there were none of Diaval. The mystery of what the little shit looked like was answered face-to-face after death.

Kaida was mentioned to be a girl, the opposite of Diaval that was listed as 'unknown, but likely a male', and of couese, he was determined to be the strongest. You scoffed, if he had been looking, he would definitely boast.

Shisui turned his head to look at you, his attention caught by your scoff. He had a popsicle in his mouth, you had bothered to stop by at a store in the day to buy something edible, you couldn't exactly have your roommate 'living' off of fire. Even if he didn't necessarily need to eat, you made sure to keep something around that he could eat. He eyed the book you had in hand, recognizing it as the one you kept displayed but never read. He assumed that you had a liking toward dragons, seeing as it was the only book you had.

"Something wrong, M'lady?" He asked, turning his attention away from what he was doing, which was nothing fun. There was nothing much to do in your plain house, anyway, not that he'd ever mention it.

"Fire dragons are overrated..." You grumbled, turning your head toward him. "If you could have any dragon, what would you choose?"

He looked at you before smiling sheepishly. "As an Uchiha.... I'd say a fire dragon...?"

And you groaned again, "Of course.... You know, I'd go for something much cooler. Like a wind dragon." You pointed out, smiling as you looked back at the book. "What's cooler than a hurricane of wind?"

"...A hurricane of fire?" Shisui suggested. And once you thought of it, maybe he was right. But an even stronger hurricane of fire and wind mixed together, that would be cool. There was a knock, and the hand you had on your book went still. You did not answer doors so late at night, they were always so ominous. It seemed Shisui thought the same, noticing his silence. But it could always just be Naruto at the door, ever since you had Shisui in your apartment, you were much less inept at the things going on outside of your apartment, so it was possible. He'd better call out to you or there was no way you were opening it. But there was a calling of your name, accompanied by a knock. And it sounded like Sasuke.

Well... Sasuke Uchiha at your door in the late hours of night was the last thing you expected, yet you stood up. It wasn't as if the two of you were close, but he never did anything to make you distrust him. When you answered the door, he didn't waste any time in getting to the point.

"Orochimaru is after you, isn't he?" You'd been told as much, but you'd never faced a threat against him so far.

"Well, I think so..." You answered hesitantly, narrowing your eyes. "...Why?" Was he suddenly out to get you right now and only Sasuke knew for some reason?

"Don't follow him." He demanded. "If there's anyone he's looking for, it's me." You tilted your head in confusion, you didn't know what he was going on about, it's not like you had any plans in it.

"...Why are you telling me this?" You asked, furrowing your brows. Perhaps a dumb question—but you were at a loss of what to say.

"Because, if there's anybody that would understand what I've been through, it would be you." He narrowed his eyes, and you narrowed your own in caution. "We both lost our clans." Strange, was this his way of trying to relate to you better in the middle of the night?

"Don't get me wrong, though... We're different when it comes to our clans..." He shut his eyes, and opened them to reveal his Sharingan. "I'm the only one willing to avenge mine." A draft of wind picked up behind you, you didn't remember ever opening the window, but it seems you had left it open. You knew someone was there, yet you barely had time to react, your body only turning halfway until the sound of metal hitting metal could be heard.