17: The Reason Why.

Sohee enjoyed having Renjun as her desk mate

Sohee enjoyed having Renjun as her desk mate. She immediately felt comfortable around him and since they chitchatted quietly during class, it turned out that he was really nice and funny despite him giving a completely opposite vibe on the outside.

She scanned him subtly - his skin was flawless like Chenle's, his eyes were big and pretty but turned small when he smiled

She scanned him subtly - his skin was flawless like Chenle's, his eyes were big and pretty but turned small when he smiled. His outfit had a rock taste to it along with the jewelry he wore. His two toned, long hair and talking voice were her favorite parts - they were both unique.

Overall he seemed like a bad boy, just like the boy she recently kissed.

Chenle tried hard not to watch the two smiling few desks in front of him, but his gaze automatically wandered in their direction. His leg tapping continued, but that time it was caused by anger.

When the bell rang, Chenle threw his stuff into his backpack and stormed out of the classroom.

Sohee felt a small wind caused by the boy's fast walk and noticed him rushing out. She furrowed her brows, wondering what could've changed his mood so drastically. "Um, I have to go for a second. Meet me later in the cafeteria, ok?" she smiled to Renjun who nodded and send her a smile back.

His face dropped as soon as Sohee disappeared behind the door and a friendly face expression turned into one that was completely the opposite of that.

He clenched his jaw and packed his backpack, when someone caught his attention.

Jaemin stared at the boy suspiciously as he walked next to his desk. He saw Renjun's change of attitude and it immediately made him feel suspicious of the new guy so he wanted to let him know that he was watching him.

Renjun's face didn't move a muscle as he stared the boy blankly in the eyes. He threw his backpack on his shoulder and walked out of the classroom right behind Jaemin.

Jaemin glanced back and saw Renjun walk the other way. He titled his head, feeling more and more that there was something off about about him.

📚

Sohee ran out after Chenle but he was already nowhere to be found. She walked around the hallways until she finally saw him on one of the benches outside. It wasn't too warm that day so not many students decided to go out front.

Sohee left her jacket in her locker but she didn't care at that point.

Chenle sighed as soon as he saw her which confused her even more.

"Are you ok?" she asked softly, standing in front of him as he was sitting down.

"I don't want to talk."

"Well, I do." she sat next to him. "What's wrong? You looked so happy in the morning and then-"

"So?"

The girl's brows furrowed. "So, I wanted to ask what happened?"

Chenle stood up. "You don't have to be here. You seemed to have a good time with this new guy, I bet he's waiting somewhere for you, isn't he?" he gave the girl a cold look.

She was dumbfounded. "Yeah, but-"

Chenle scoffed. "Exactly. So, go ahead."

"Why are you acting like a jerk again?" she stood up in anger.

"Because of shit like this, that's why I've always been the way I am and it should stay that way."

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing." he put his head down and played with his finger rings.

"Sohee, are you coming?" Renjun appeared out of nowhere with the biggest smile on his face. "Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt."

Chenle pointed to Renjun and glanced at the girl with a mocking smile.

"You're not interrupting anything." Sohee stared Chenle in the eyes and he could swear he saw little flames of anger in hers.

She walked inside while the new boy still held the door open. Chenle's eyes diverted from Sohee to Renjun as soon as she was out of sight and the boy smirked at him before closing the door. Chenle felt that something was off about that guy and the whole situation made him kick anything that was under his feet to relieve his anger.

 Chenle felt that something was off about that guy and the whole situation made him kick anything that was under his feet to relieve his anger