04: Not A Second Longer.

Chenle sat down by one of the desks and texted Jaemin

Chenle sat down by one of the desks and texted Jaemin. He whined and already complained even though he didn't start working yet because Sohee was taking forever doing whatever she was doing.

"Ok, sorry I took so long." she smiled softly at the boy who paid no attention to her, as if she wasn't even there. She cleared her throat to catch his attention.

Chenle glanced at the girl who stared at the phone in his hands intensely. "You're the one taking forever doing whatever in there."

"I said sorry and now I'm here, so, let's get to work."

Chenle dropped his phone onto his stomach and gasped, getting up from the chair like it was the hardest thing he ever had to do.

Sohee pointed to two boxes and something that looked like a cart of some sort. "Here we have all the books that had been returned recently so we have to separate them by a genre, place them here and move them to the right shelves."

Chenle scoffed. "That's easy." he said which made Sohee chuckle.

"If you say so." she grabbed one of the boxes and shoved them harshly into Chenle's arms.

The boy scoffed at her who left him alone and even though he didn't want to do the work, he figured it'd be better to get it over with quickly and go home.

Sohee worked on updating the list of books that had and hadn't been returned yet until Chenle caught her attention. She chuckled as she watched him twirling around with few books in his hands, trying to find the right section for each of them. She found his thinking face cute and immediately smacked herself in the face softly. What are you doing?

She focused back on her job and fixated her eyes on the computer screen.

"Um," she heard Chenle's voice but decided to keep her eyes on the screen as she answered back.

"What is it?"

"Can you tell me where the science fiction section is? I've looked everywhere and it's nowhere to be found."

"Really? You looked everywhere?"

"Yeah?" he gave the girl some attitude back.

Sohee sighed and got up from her chair. Without a word she lead Chenle to the right section and pointed to it with an attitude.

The pink haired boy sighed and tilted his head back when he realized that that was exactly where he started sorting the books through.

"No problem." Sohee rolled her eyes and walked away, annoyed at the boy having no manners whatsoever.

Chenle found her more and more interesting, remembering her cute and sweet behavior when teacher Kim was with them and how her attitude changed as soon as she left them alone. He wondered which Sohee was the real Sohee and which was fake.

After an hour, Chenle came back to the girl. "Alright, I'm done."

"I can still see some books left in the boxes."

"Yeah, but I was supposed to help for an hour. I'm done."

"No, you're not until it's all sorted."

Chenle scoffed and walked past the girl who immediately rushed to the entrance door and blocked it with her whole body. The boy chuckled and looked at her surprised. "Seriously?"

"I won't let you leave until you finish your job." her hands and legs were spread out as she leaned her back against the door.

Chenle walked closer to the girl and leaned over. Their noses could easily touch if either of them moved forward even slightly. The boy placed his hands on the door, trapping Sohee in between them.

The girl felt her knees getting weak and her ears burning hot. Her palms began to sweat as she tried to keep eye contact with Chenle for as long as it was needed, not to show her weakness.

"You seem nervous." Chenle said calmly in a low tone.

"I'm not nervous." Sohee gulped.

Chenle chuckled and smirked while he stared the girl intensely in the eyes. "We should make something clear. I'm not going to do extra work. If I'm supposed to be here for an hour, I won't work even a second longer than that. Got it?"

The girl gulped again, finding it hard to speak.

The pink haired boy suddenly placed his hands on the girl's hips and lifted her up without a problem. She put her hands on his shoulders to balance herself since she found the gesture surprising. Their eyes were locked the whole time as the boy gently put her down, away from the door.

He gave her a cold glance. "See you around."

Sohee stood there frozen, watching Chenle disappear behind the door. Her mouth dropped as she processed what just happened. After awhile, she scoffed and fanned herself with her hand. "What a prick."

"