13: Locked.

Jaemin gave up on talking to Chenle during the class since the boy didn't listen to him nor the teacher at all and only paid attention to Sohee

Jaemin gave up on talking to Chenle during the class since the boy didn't listen to him nor the teacher at all and only paid attention to Sohee. He could say again and again how much he didn't care about her and he just wanted to tease her, but his best friend knew better. He knew how Chenle acted when he truly cared for someone and that was one of those times too.

When the bell rang, Jaemin asked Chenle "are you coming?"

"You can go, I'll catch up with you."

Jaemin shook his head and patted his shoulder, sending him a wide smile.

Chenle knew she always took forever to leave the class so he took his time too. When almost everyone left, he walked towards the door.

Sohee saw him with the corner of her eye and breathed out in relief knowing she wouldn't have to deal with him.

Her head turned at the sound of the door closing and her eyes widened. Chenle didn't leave, instead, he locked the two inside.

Sohee rolled her eyes as the boy walked over to her.

"Where have you been?" he asked with his hand in his pocket as the other held onto his backpack strap.

"It's none of your business."

"Are you ok?"

Sohee scoffed as she stood up from her chair. "Don't act like you care."

"I don't care, I'm just nosey."

"Exactly, so leave me alone." she walked past him, nudging him with her shoulder.

She tried to opened the door but it was actually, literally locked. She glanced back at Chenle and crossed her arms as he waved the keys. "Open the door."

"Make me."

"Open the damn door, Chenle."

"Come get the keys then, Sohee."

The girl scoffed and rushed towards the boy. When she tried to grab the keys, he raised his arm up, making it impossible for her to reach. "You're so annoying!"

The boy smirked as she jumped up and down, balancing herself with one hand on his shoulder as she reached the other one towards the keys. "You're actually really pretty."

Sohee was caught off guard. His words made her forget about trying to get the keys to get out and get away from him, she just stared into his eyes instead. His gaze was so flirtatious and hypnotizing - that's why she always tried to avoid it. "Don't say stupid stuff."

"I'm serious. Why would I lie?"

"Because you're you."

He scoffed. "That's a weak excuse."

"If you really mean it then give me the keys." she stood still in front of him with an extended hand.

The boy smirked and put his hand down, placing the keys in Sohee's palm. He watched her face getting red when she realized he really must've meant it.

She stood still for longer than she should've, having the keys to allow her escape from the situation in her hand. Eventually she cleared her throat and walked towards the door.

Chenle sighed as he watched her struggling to unlock it. "You can't even open the door?"

"It's stuck! They key doesn't want to move!"

He saw her visibly starting to panic so he walked over. "Let me check."

As he tried to open the door, he saw Sohee breathing faster and having some kind of panic attack. He furrowed his brows and asked "what's going on?"

"I can't stand the thought of being locked in." she stuttered, taking in deep breaths between each word.

Chenle left the door alone and walked over to her. He never saw anyone panicking like that so he wasn't sure what to do. He placed his hands on her arms and tried to calm her down, but it didn't work.

"Can you," she kept stuttering "hug me?"

She hated herself for having to ask him for something like that, but whenever she panicked this badly, she needed someone to squeeze her tight. The feeling of someone being this close to her made her feel safe.

Chenle was surprised. He found himself confused and wasn't sure if she really meant that, but when she gave him a certain look, he knew she was serious.

He wrapped his arms around her and squeezed her tight. The girl wrapped hers around his back as well and squeezed him even tighter, to which he responded with the same. The tighter she hugged him, he knew she needed the same and so he did it back. When she was satisfied with the strength, she began to calm down.

Chenle felt her breathing normally after awhile, though he didn't let go of her at all - he just loosened his arms a little to give the girl more freedom.

When he hugged her like that, he suddenly felt needed. He was proud of himself for helping someone like that and that new feeling was strange and something he never felt before.

"I'm ok now." Sohee let go of Chenle and he eventually let go of her too.

He cleared his throat "that's good." he added, looking a bit nervous for some reason. He didn't know how to act and it was probably the first time that Sohee saw him flustered. "I'll try to open it again." he said, diverting the attention from whatever just happened between the two and how that made him feel.

" he said, diverting the attention from whatever just happened between the two and how that made him feel