37 | 약속

Promise

[ Yoon Haeun | 9:57PM ]

"does it still hurt?"i ask as jungwon settle down on the bed.He will be sleeping in our extra room.he shake his head as the answer to my question.

"she heal it fully,it just leave a scar"he say making me nod. "sunwoo oppa have a uniform without a name tag,you can borrow them for tomorrow..for PE you can borrow jaemin,he have two"i say.

"i haven't text mom about this..she must be waiting" he say and reach for his phone but i stop him. "i'll call her"i say making him surprise.

"i'll say you came to give something i ask you to buy, then it rains and you fall asleep while waiting"i continue. "well..that sounds better"he reply.

i ask him to unlock his phone and call his mom.

"yang jungwon where are you?it's been like an hour since you left"

his mom state as soon as she pick up the phone.i glance at jungwon before replying her.

"um—ms Yuri..it's me,Haeun"

"Yoon Haeun?is jungwon with you?did something happen?"she ask,worry.

"no—no,and yeah he's at my house,not the apartment..it's kinda hard to explain"i say.

"but jungwon went to the convenience store near the school which is near my house and i ask him to buy something but as soon as he arrived it rains..and while waiting for it to stop he fell asleep that's why im calling you"i continue.

"ahh,i see.i was wondering why he is not coming home,it's still raining too..you should give me the adress.i can ask jiwon to send jungwon uniform tomorrow morning,she says she'll go early"she reply.

"no it's okay,he can borrows jaemin's—well,i mean yeah he live near too,he often come here before school"i say,got a little nervous after mentioning jaemin's name.

i glance at jungwon and see him smiling due seeing me in the current situation making me glare at him.

"oh really?alright then"she say.

"anyways,i hope jungwon is taking care of you well.. he may seem cold but he is sweet.He easily get hurt by small things even if he don't admit it so don't be too hard on him.." she continue making me smile.

"don't worry he do well..i'll too,i wish you a good night Ms Yuri"i reply.

"you too dear"she say before end up the call.

"that's better than i expected"he say making me glare at him. "it could be worse if you laugh straight at my face"i reply.

"it's cute how you talk with mom like how you are talking with your mom on daily"he say making me smile.

"i should,why would i talk as she is a stranger.."i reply.

he take a hold of my hand making me look at him.

"can we make a promise?just in case"he say making me nod as i turn my body to face him properly. "what is it?"i ask.

"if dad ever got either of us,can we promise to be strong and stay until any of us get there?and keep believing we can make it out so we could get married?"he ask making me shock.

i get closer to him.

"i won't let the first one hap—"i say before getting cut by him. "it is a 'what if' promise baby,so can you do that?even if we got lost from each other sight,will you wait for me?"he cut.

i can feel my face redding up as i hear the pet names he just called me.i let out a small sigh and nod.

"of course i'll wait,i promise.i don't even look at other guy"i reply making him smile and give me a nod before looking down at our hands making me do too.

he caress my hand with his thumb.

"i've felt the uneasy feeling these days..i think he knew about you,so you should stay with them most of the time"he say making me look up.

"i will,don't worry..you're here too"i reply.he just nod before continuing to caress my hand. "what did you called me earlier?"i ask in a teasing tone as i smile.

he look up to me slowly and shakes his head as he contains his smile. "say it again"i say "what's wrong with you today?you usually are the shy one in these situations"he whine as he look away making me chuckle.

"i like it..it used to be cringe but hear it from you sounds great.."i reply as i giggle making he looks at me.

"i can't get used with your sound..when you giggling, chuckling,teasing..it sounds heavenly good"he say making me go speechless again.

why is he so good with choice of words..

"one more thing"he add making me look at him with full anticipation with what he is about to say.

"don't..keep it if you're sad,you can let it out on me, okay?i want to be with you all the time,not just when you're in a good mood.ALL the time,okay baby?"he say making me smile widely before leaning into his chest and hide from his gaze.

"you're back"he continue as he chuckle at my reaction making me slap his arm hardly.

"ouw..that really hurts"he whine making me look up in worry, "really?sorry.."i apologies but then meet up with his smiling face making me roll my eyes in annnoyance.

"annoying"i mutter.

"at least you love me"he say as he use his hand to make me look at him again.i just stare at him. "yeah.."i mumble.

"i love you Yoon Haeun,I really do.I don't even think i could live without you now.even we're just 17..i'll continue loving you even after death tear us apart"he say making me smile.

he meant all of those,i can see them through his eyes that are sparkling.i can feel the sincerity, the love, from his gaze.

"i love you too,Yang Jungwon"i reply,not breaking the eye contact making him smile.