XLII

Chapter XLII

After having a very exciting visit to Atlas' office, the rest of the night was perfect. My parents met all of my friends and they love Atlas. It was still hard for my dad to let me go to my room last night, knowing I shared it with a male though.

Eventually he gave up all the excuses on why I needed to stay up and we all got some shut eye.

Now, I stand in the kitchen with an apron on flipping home made blueberry pancakes while the rest of breakfast cooks. Blueberry pancakes was a staple in the house when I was growing up and I'm sure it will help my dad cope a bit.

"It smells like my kitchen on Sundays," I hear my mom as she walks into kitchen.

"Good morning, coffee?" I ask pointing at the coffee pot.

She shakes her head before answering with a simple "no, thank you."

It was silent for a few minutes with only the sizzling of the food I make until she steps over by the stools for the island. "So, Atlas is a sweetheart."

"Why are you being weird, mother?" I ask calling her out with a laugh.

She rolls her eyes at me before giving that smile I know all too well. She's about to embarrass me. I can feel it. "He is definitely... a fine male specimen. When did you two mate?"

"Mom!" I shout at her in a whisper while my face heats up, "cool your jets! This is something I do not want to talk to you about."

"Oh come on, you're supposed to tell me stuff like this. I feel like I have missed everything because of the distance."

This makes me feel bad so I take the finished pancakes and put them on a plate with a sigh. "About a week ago."

"A week ago?!" She says clearly shocked by this and looks at me like I am nuts.

I give her a pointed look back because her reaction makes me want to talk about this less and less.

"What? I'm just asking. I'm curious on how you kept to yourself for so long." She shrugs

"I died," I say trying my damnist to get her to shut up about this subject. 

"Ah," she made an unsure facial expression and shook her head, "that still wouldn't have kept me from breaking that boy in. Your father back in the day was an animal, there's no way- "

"Mom! Shut your face before I am permanently scarred for the rest of my life. Don't you have something other to do but traumatize me?"

She waved dismissively to me, "please you think that's traumatizing? How about you tell me when you plan on losing the rubbers and giving me a grand child?"

Of course this is the exact moment, my dad and Atlas decide to walk in.

My father looked like he was going to explode and Atlas looked like he wanted to run away.

"I-" I try to start off but I just have no words.

"Julie," my dad growls and shakes his head disgustingly, "please don't,"

"She's an adult, a mated adult at that Frank. It shouldn't be weird for her to talk about these things with her mother."

"Well it is," I pipe up with a mumble.

This earns me an eye roll from my mom.

Atlas starts backing away slowing from the conversation when my dad points at him. "No sex before marriage, you got it?!"

"Uh-" Atlas looks like deer in head lights with wide eyes he looks to me for help.

"Pancakes?!" I practically yell to get my dad off of Atlas' back.

My dad snaps his head towards me and the once serious expression turns into an appreciative one.

Well it lasted all but two seconds when my my mom so graciously continues the conversation, "Frank they already broke that rule last night so you need to get over it."

The raw embarrassment I felt consumed me into the pits of hell. Please, why didn't I just drown? "Dear Moon Goddess help me,"

"How?-" Atlas starts but I raise my hand to stop him.

"Don't confirm or deny the accusations! It will make it worse!"

My mom pats my dad's back, who has turned pale white I might add. "You don't have to confirm anything, I smelt it on you when you came out of the pack house. I'm pretty sure everyone did besides your dad, who is in clear denial."

"I think I'm going to go on a walk..." my dad says not looking any of us in the eye as he walks out of the room.

Silence engulfed the room after his exit. Atlas looked so out of his element he just stalked in the corner and I stayed frozen in place.

"Well, don't be rude Everly, get the plates." My mom smiles knowing exactly what she did. "Atlas how many do you want, honey?"

This is officially the weirdest breakfast I have ever had.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾Please Vote and Comment☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙