XXI

Chapter XXI

Waking up this morning felt different. I felt rejuvenated, and I instantly knew today would be a good day. Reaching into my mind, I found Celeste sound asleep still. That was a first. Coming back to reality, I opened my eyes, seeing that I was laid in a giant bed. Atlas' bed.

The side of the bed where I'd assume he would sleep was untouched. He must've slept somewhere else. A smile came to my lips as I sat up, looking for him. He was nowhere to be seen, but I could hear fumbling around in the closet. He must be getting dressed.

"Good morning." He came from the closet tying his tie.

I rubbed my eyes, trying to get the sleep out of them. A yawn escaped my lips instead of words, which made him laugh.

After I was done wiping my face, I pulled my hands away and saw something that made my heart stop. I smeared mascara all over my fingers, which meant it was all over my face. "Shit! I have been raccooned!"

"What?" Atlas was now focused on me, so I hid my face with my hands.

"Nothing! Uh- I'll meet you downstairs!" I rushed and got out of the bed with a hand shielding the side of my face he was on.

I was out his door and into mine in record time. I ran to the bathroom and immediately scrubbed my face. Once all the makeup was gone from the surface, I decided to take a quick shower.

In the shower, the weight of yesterday crashed down on me. Artemis was going to need all the girl time and drinks that she could get. I really needed to go see her with Atlas.

Walking out of the bathroom after blow drying and straightening my hair, I came to my closet trying to decide on what to wear today.

Now that the pack knew I was Atlas' mate, it made this choice tricky. Not wanting to wake Celeste, I went with the simple option of a white sundress that had spaghetti straps.

I did not bother putting on shoes right now because I had no idea when we were going somewhere. I headed downstairs.

Stepping into the kitchen, Atlas was looking around the fridge for something. "What are you looking for?" I asked him.

"Artemis drank all the red Gatorade." He huffed, closing the door, and leaned on the island.

I bit my lip in sadness, thinking about Artemis. I did not know exactly what happened. I knew asking her right now would be cruel, so I settled myself onto a stool across from him. "What happened? I mean, I assumed by looking at her but-. I don't know.." I trailed off.

Atlas cleared his throat and came to sit beside me. If we were not having a serious conversation, I would have laughed about how he barely fit on the stool. "I heard her crying. I just figured Warren had said something stupid, but then I saw them. She was just laying on the ground and he was on top of her. I just lost it."

He was growing angry with the memory, so I grabbed his hand. "You're a good brother."

His eyes set themselves on me, and he smiled. "And you are a great mate."

That same feeling came back from yesterday in the bathroom. "Are you complimenting me so you can kiss me again?" I teased him.

He turned his stool towards me and held a bit of shock in his face. "Um, no." He averted his eyes away nervously. "I would just ask you for permission."

He was so sweet. I loved that he valued consent. Most wolves didn't, but I have realized he was not like most wolves. "Well, I do not think you need to ask anymore. I mean, after last night."

"Really?" He asked me, bringing those gorgeous hazel eyes back to me.

"Really." I laughed at his bewildered expression.

Within a split second, Atlas was standing, pushing the stool he was sitting on onto the ground. My body was taken into his hands and put on the island. That was when he placed his lips on mine.

His hands were on my hips securely, and mine found their way into his perfectly styled hair. Our lips moved in harmony and I sucked back a moan when he pulled me closer to his body.

"Atlas- oh my Goddess! EW!" A voice broke us apart. Atlas swung around with a low growl at his beta.

Declan had just walked in on us making out. By the way we were positioned, he probably thought it was more.

I wiped my mouth quickly before making an exit from behind Atlas.

"I am going to have to burn my eyes out now. Thank you for the greeting." Declan snickered at us.

"Just shut up, Declan." I mumbled and fixed my dress. I was too embarrassed to even look at either one of the men in the room.

"I would love to know how you people keep getting into our house." Atlas spoke up, placing a comforting arm around my waist.

He said our.

A smile graced my lips, but I kept my eyes away from them.

"I wanted to tell you that her family will be getting in late tonight and that Artemis is awake. Ellie is with her." Declan paused. "And we may have all made keys." With that, he was out the door, practically running away.

"Made keys? What!?" Atlas yelled after him, letting me go. "I have to change locks now."

"We need to go see your sister." I reminded him.

He walked over to the fridge with a frown. He grabbed a water then sighed. "I know. I will mindlink her and see if she even wants visitors right now."

His eyes glazed over like smoke as he did and I took this opportunity to go grab my sandals from by the front door.

"Where did you go?" I could hear him ask.

"Living room." I told him and slid on my footwear.

He walked through the entryway and took a seat next to me. "She said she wants to sleep off the hangover before talking about it."

I bit the inside of my lip. I really wanted to make sure she was okay, but I would not force her to talk if she was not ready. "That is understandable."

"Guess what?" He nudged me, trying to change the conversation.

I rolled my eyes at his child-like behavior. "What?"

"I did not lose control either time kissing you. It was close, but I held him back." He proudly stated.

I gasped in realization and wrapped my arms around his torso. "Oh, my Goddess! That is great, Atlas. I didn't even notice."

The heaviness of his arm wrapped itself around my back. "I know. So, since you are a huge part of Helix finally getting a leash, I was wondering if you wanted to go on a run? We can let our wolves officially meet in the physical form and then I will not go on a run that night. We can see what happens."

"What normally happens when you do not let him out?" I lay my head on his chest, letting his scent relax every part of me.

He did not answer at first, but soon he finally said something. "He takes over. He gets really pissy and takes it out in the room I am in. Sometimes he will not let me back until a couple of days have passed."

"A couple of days?" I pull away. That is horrible. "How would you run the pack if Helix took over for that long?"

He gave me a disapproving look before leaning back into the couch and tugged me back into his chest. "Declan and Dad take over."

"And you are willing to risk a couple of days of imprisonment of your own mind for your experiment?" I began playing with one of his buttons on his shirt, awaiting his response.

"Helix is scared of Celeste. I think I will be fine." He laughed while relaxing along with me.

Today is going to be a good day.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾Please Vote and Comment☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙