XXXVIII

Chapter XXXVIII

"That would be perfect, Everly! You should become an event coordinator." Ellie says sitting next to me at my desk as we talk through the setup of the wedding.

I wave off her comment and start printing the pictures we have picked out for our vision binder, "I have always liked doing stuff like this for a hobby, but the real dream has always been in music. Shocker, I know."

"What in music?"

I ponder on the question for a second but smile as the flashbacks of me teaching Aria, a little girl in Aurora Dawn, how to play the piano. "A teacher. I love the feeling I got from watching the light spark in someone's eyes when they finally got it or when they first dip their toes into it and find the same passion I feel every time I sing and play."

"Wow." Ellie smiles at me with a ray of joy and understanding, "You can teach my pup whatever you like. They will not be one of those kids that plays video games all the time."

"What is wrong with video games?" A male's voice makes us both jump.

Ellie holds her hand on her chest and narrows her eyes on Declan who is standing at my doorway with Atlas right behind him.

"Video games cause kids to turn into bone heads like you." She says standing and walking towards him.

He fake gasps and holds his hand to his mouth, "rude."

"But true," Atlas says pushing past Declan and coming over to me. "What have you two ladies been up to?"

"Everly just offered to sing at our wedding. Isn't that so nice of her?" Ellie winks at me and I turn my attention to her in a second.

"I did not-"

"I told you she would be the best maid of honor." She tells Declan patting his chest, completely catching me off guard. That was a huge responsibility and honor to given that label, it was meant to for the bride's best friend and lifeline.

My lip poked out without permission and tears gathered in my eyes, "I guess I can't say no now."

"Awe, my love." Atlas cooed and rubbed my back, but I did not pay attention to him as I got up.

I walk over to our betas and push Declan out of the way before engulfing Ellie in a hug.

"You have been my ride or die since day one, Ev. It was a no brainer from the beginning who was going to stand by my side." Ellie smiles into my hair until we pull away from each other.

Declan pops his knuckles and stretches his back, "Yup, hopefully Atlas won't be too mad with you being so close with Fin all night."

Atlas let out a dry laugh at his best friend, "yeah okay, like you picked Fin over me. You cannot stand him." 

"I can't stand you either, Harambe." Declan chuckles and pats Atlas's shoulder when Atlas gets over to us.

Atlas pulls me towards his front with a groan at Declan and then completely ignored him, "Well it looks like we need to head to the house to prepare the food."

"Are we inviting Hudson?" Ellie asks Atlas with a small smile.

Atlas visibly deflates at the question which makes me giggle and answer for him, "yes, he is a part of the family now."