XIV

Chapter XIV

"I told you, the food is so good here." Artemis slurred with her face covered in mustard and ketchup.

I hiccupped a laugh out and pointed at her. "You never said that."

"I thought about it. It still counts, Weverly." She says back, completely demolishing my name.

"Wizards of Waverly Place?" I asked, grabbing my next round of Silver Bourbon knocking it back. Some came out of my mouth when I giggled as she started belting out the theme song of the iconic Disney show.

"Selena Gomez was my fashion icon back then." Artemis explained and pushed her food away from herself.

"How old are you, anyway?" I wondered as the question popped into my drunken mind.

She had to think for a moment. She is pretty intoxicated. "I just turned twenty on the eighteenth."

"Happy late birthday!" I exclaimed and took another shot.

My body was humming at how relaxed I was until I looked down at the table. It moved like waves. I tapped my finger on it and it made a ripple along the surface. "Woah.." I did it again, then had Artemis join me. "It is like a swimming pool."

"Everly, Artemis." Leo suddenly appeared at our table. I screamed out in freight and held my chest.

"Gosh, Dad, give someone a heart attack. Why don't you?!" Artemis threw up her hands dramatically. She stopped the act when she fully realized what it meant if her Father was here.

"Uh ohhhh." I pucker my lips as a very angry and younger version of Leo started approaching us from the front of the restaurant.

Artemis' eyes widened, and she stood abruptly. "Hurry, Everly!" She exclaimed and pulled me to my feet, which only made the alcohol take its full effect on me. "Make a break for the back! Sasquatch has spotted us!" She tugged me along with her, but she only got a few feet away before Atlas had her in his grips. "Save yourself! Run!" she continued.

I snorted when I laughed, making my Mate's hard eyes land on me. "Are you drunk?"

"I don't know, Mom. Am I?" I landed the line and Artemis bursted in a fit of giggles.

"Stefan Salvatore, is that you?" Artemis finally mumbled out between her drunken laughs.

Atlas grunted in disapproval and pulled Artemis into Leo's hold, so she did not escape. "You have to be kidding me. What possessed you two to think this was okay?"

"Everly," Artemis whispered over to me, completely ignoring her brother. "When he talks, just picture Chewbacca doing that yelling thing he does. It is so much more entertaining."

Leo rolled his eyes at his daughter and picked her up. Her squeals and cheers of happiness filled the air. "You two are a handful."

Atlas was saying something, but his head was not his own. It was Chewbacca's, and he was roaring.

"Awe, Chewy. It is okay." I stumbled going towards him and wrapped him in a big hug. "I'll be your friend."

"For the love of the Moon Goddess!" I was picked up and held like a koala bear. "How much did she drink?"

My eyes were closed, and the voices were loud, so I wrapped my arms around Chewy's neck and groaned in annoyance. I felt him stiffen underneath me, but I did not care. He was my new friend, and I was still mad at Atlas, so I volunteered Chewy to take care of me.

"Like sixteen shots." a female voice slurred, but it sounded farther away than before.

"Artemis!" My chest vibrates as Chewy growls. "The stuff they put into the werewolf alcohol is like shrooms when you drink too much."

"No wonder you look like a sock monkey."

"Chewy," I mumbled from his neck. "Make sure Atlas leaves me alone when we get home. I am so mad at him."

He sighed into my hair and held onto me tighter. "Let's get you home, and then we can worry about that after you are sober."

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾Please Vote and Comment☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙