XVII

Chapter XVII

It had been about three weeks since that night of the slumber party. Since then, Atlas had not been a jerk to me and had started letting me use the gym in the basement since non-pack members couldn't train with the members. I had not been able to shift yet, but Atlas promised when the Hunter situation was taken care of, I could. He knew that I could handle myself, but we both agreed it probably would be best to wait until then. The good thing was that they finally got a glimpse of him, so we were one step closer to catching him.

Declan and Ellie came back to the pack a week ago, and that allowed me to freely wander around the pack when Atlas was at the office. Declan was to accompany me so that the other pack members did not feel threatened by me being around them alone.

Ellie, Artemis and I had gotten pretty close, and I was so ecstatic about that. It was nice to have friends that were not just speaking to you because they wanted in your brother's pants. Though, Artemis did mention it a few times just to annoy me.

A lot of exciting things were happening around the pack soon. One being my family would be arriving tomorrow along with our Alpha and his son. Atlas figured since he needed to have a meeting with Aurora Dawn anyway, my entire family should come and bring my things. The next exciting thing was that today was Loup Déchaîné Day. The holiday is French for "wolf unleashed". Loup Déchaîné Day celebrates the werewolves coming out of hiding and fighting for independence to live without fear, just like humans. This year marks eighty-six years since that day we had won.

From what I gathered, Phoenix Moon holds a large feast for its pack members and has a pack bonfire. I was super stoked about the bonfire part because of how much I missed them back home.

"Have you decided on what you are wearing, Everly?" Ellie pulls a dress from Artemis' closet and holds it to her body.

"I'll probably just throw something together last minute. I do not have anything specific in mind." I answered, laying on Artemis' bed flipping through applications on my phone.

Artemis plopped down beside me, leaned back into me. "So, how are things with my bone headed brother? Sleeping in his room yet?"

"Uh, no." I eye her with suspicion lacing my voice. Where was she going with this?

She hummed a bit and got off of me. "You two are so slow paced. Have you kissed yet?"

"No, Artemis." I began to get annoyed, so I got up. "I think I am going to go find something to wear tonight. Do you two want to come to the house to get ready?"

"Yeah, that sounds fine." Artemis chuckled, knowing she was irritating me.

Ellie blushed and looked away from the both of us. "I have never been in an alpha's house before."

"It is basically Everly's house. Atlas just sleeps there." Artemis scoffed.

That was very true. I finally filled the house with food and decorations, making it cozier. Atlas was out at work nearly all day and ran at night. We only really hung out when he got done with his duties early, but I did not mind. We made good on our time together. We always had wonderful conversations, and he really made an effort for me to get used to the mate bond. He always asked before holding my hand or hugging me. It was extremely adorable, but it got annoying, so I told him to stop asking about the little things that I say yes to every time.

"Yeah, I doubt he will be off early with the holiday, so do not worry about it, Ellie." I said before giving them a wave 'bye' walking out the door.

The pack house had several floors and Artemis was on the second. Most of the offices were on the third floor, so it did not surprise me to see Declan waiting at the bottom of the stairs on the first floor.