XXXIX

Chapter XXXIX
BONUS
Atlas' Point of View

It is terrifying.

I cannot help but feel guilty because I was never this protective over Artemis with Warren. I guess that is because I knew him.

I thought I knew him anyways.

"Aly," Artemis breaks me from my thoughts.

"What?" I ask coming back to the table we are all sitting around passing the food. I of course am sitting at the head of the table and Everly is to my right with Artemis next to her and Hudson on the end. To my left, Declan and Ellie, and Josh and Willow sit.

Artemis rolls her eyes at me and repeats "Hudson asked if you played any sports in high school."

"What a stupid question." Helix states with groan.

"That's a good question, Hudson." Everly praises him with her award-winning smile, "I do not know the answer to that one." she then turns her attention to me.

I clear my throat and look over all the eyes on me, "I played hockey a bit in high school and college."

Everly's eyes widened a bit like she was not expecting that.

"I play hockey," Hudson smiles, " we have a league at my pack, we have games every Saturday."

"That is neat!" Ellie says and leans her head on Declan's shoulder who is getting so much joy out of my misery.

"So where is Leo at?" Josh asks trying to pull my hard gaze off Hudson who is looking everywhere but at me.

"Stop being rude." Everly glares at me with her words. In reality she is not even looking at me ask she starts telling Hudson about the time she got plastered with Artemis.

Hudson laughs at the part of the story where I am renamed as Chewy and I grumble to answer Josh. "He should be here-"

"Sorry I am late," my father comes through the side door with a smile and instantly heads for Everly and Artemis. He gives them both a greeting hug and pats my shoulder before sitting. It will never stop amazing me with how much he treats Everly like she is blood. From the day she had arrived he loved her just like his own, but it really shifted after she drowned that he bonded to her more.

"Mr. Lycurgus," Hudson greets him and passes him the salad Everly nearly chopped her hand off putting together.

Helix scoffs at his mannerism but I do nothing on the outside.

Well, that is until my dad grins at him and takes the bowl with a "I am glad you are still kicking it with my daughter as a mate, son. She is a wild one."

Son?

I am not jealous. But what the actual fuck is going on?

My jaw twitches under the tension but it relaxes when a certain brunette slides her hand into mine on the table. Everly is already looking at me when I glance her way. Goddess, she is breathtaking.

Like she read my mind, Everly smiles under my gaze and shyly turns to face Ellie who looks as nervous as ever.

Declan clears his throat and stands making everyone look at him. "Now that everyone is here, Ellie and I have a few things to tell everyone."

Hopefully Artemis does not ruin the food by flipping the table trying to get to Ellie after this.

"Ellie and I will be getting married this weekend. Atlas and I have spent all day ironing out all the paperwork and it is plausible, so it is happening."

Ellie then stands looking at Everly for encouragement which is given by my mate with a smile. "And the reason we are getting married so fast is because," she unfolds a long strip of paper that looks like black blobs. "We are having a baby!"

Willow and Artemis burst with screams that makes everyone in the room wince.

"Oh, Moon Goddess help us." Helix whines and I cover my ears.

• • •

Everyone had left by the time I was ready to blow a fuse. I couldn't stand having people in my house. Call me a neat freak or whatever but it stresses me out knowing that Declan's and Artemis' grimy hands have been all over everything.

Everly gathered all the cups while I grabbed the plates and bowls. We have been in a comfortable silence since I kicked out everyone.

I just wanted to go up to my room and watch that doctor show with Everly for the rest of the night. Today has been exhausting.

"Alpha!" A shout from my delta shoots through my brain almost making me drop all of the dirty dishes I was carrying. "Attack on the western border. Rouges."

"I am on my way."

"I have to go," I say rushed as I set the dishes down and head for the front door. "Stay here, lock the door."  I turn to see Everly following me closely. Before she could ask any questions I grab her face kissing her. When I pull away I whisper the only words coming to my mind, "I love you."

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾Please Vote and Comment ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙