XVIII

Chapter XVIII

It took me no time to get ready. I was wearing a berry red colored romper that I had gotten at the mall. The sleeves were long and flowed until it reached my wrists. The neckline was a steep V that showed off my collar bones but kept my modesty at the same time. Two pieces of the material tied in the front and the bottom half of the romper were just as flowy as the sleeves.

I kept my normal jewelry on but decided to curl my hair in slight waves. Once I was all done, I did my normal makeup and slid on some sandals. I could use a break from heels.

I walked out of my bedroom with a smile greeting a very impatient Leo standing at the top of the stairs. "You look pretty." He complimented and opened his arms for a hug.

I walked over and hugged him for a second before pulling away. "You do not look so bad yourself."

He rolled his eyes, then looked at his watch. "That boy takes longer with his hair than any man I have ever met in my entire life."

I snickered at his irritation with Atlas.

"You can go ahead and go. Declan is there. Try not to beat up the Beta in front of everyone, please?"

"No promises," I said, walking down the steps and out the door.

When walking into the pack house, Ellie and Declan greeted me.

"Wow, Everly!" Ellie pulled me into a hug that nearly knocked the breath out of me. "You look stunning!"

"Thanks." I choked out and patted her back, looking at Declan for help.

"Nope, payback." Declan shook his head.

Pulling away, I got a clear view of her shoulder that was exposed by her off-shoulder summer dress.

I gasped in excitement. "He marked you!"

That explains why she did not come over with Artemis.

Marking was a sacred moment for werewolves that bonded mates together as one. Their scents mixed together and they could feel what the other was feeling. The mark symbolized that the pair accepted one another to be together for the rest of their days. Being unmarked still left room for either one of a mated pair to reject each other and move on.

"You might have one after tonight in that romper." Ellie picked at me, but all it did was make me blush. "Speaking of which, Hello Alpha Atlas."

I felt his presence come behind me and I turned to face him. He wore dark gray dress pants and a white button down shirt rolled up on his forearms. "Hello, Ellie. Do you two mind if I have a word with Everly?"

"Of course not. Come on Declan." Ellie dragged her mate away, but not before wiggling her eyebrows at me.

I sighed at her and turned back to Atlas, who was already looking down at me. "What's up?"

"First of all, you look beautiful." He smiled, grabbing a hold of my hand.

I wiggled it out of his hand and crossed my arms over my stomach. "Thank you. I don't think holding hands is the best idea in the pack house." I tried hinting at him.

He looked a bit nervous and scratched his head. "Um, yeah. About that." He looked away from me like he always does when he is anxious. "I had a meeting with the Elders of the pack today. They wanted me to call Declan's sister and have her come back."

A ton of bricks hit me at once and I took a small step away from him, looking at the floor. I knew about his back-up plan. Every Alpha had one, but I did not expect him to bring her here again after he explained that she was off doing her own thing while he searched for his mate. Was he rejecting me? I did not see it coming if he was.

"Everly," he called for my attention again, and I tilted my head back up. "I told them I had found my mate. I was waiting for her to be comfortable enough to be given the title and become a member of the pack. They are ecstatic and want to meet you. I tried to tell you earlier, but Declan was being a nuisance."

Just like that, all the brinks disappeared. A smile appeared, and I leaned forward, hugging him. "I almost kicked your ass, Alpha Lycurgus."

"And I would have let you, Alpha Female Everly." He smiled into my hair. "I would be insane to choose her over you. She is the dictionary definition of crazy."

I giggled a bit, but jumped out of his arms when I heard someone coming. When the pack member greeted Atlas and walked out the front door, he spoke again.

"So, I'm guessing it is a no to introducing you tonight?"

I shook my head with an apologetic smile. "I do not want to take away from the holiday. We can do it tomorrow or whenever you have time to."

He scoffed playfully at me. "The sooner I announce you, the sooner I have a helper with paperwork. I'll make time."

Rolling my eyes at him, I walk towards the dining room. He was hot on my trail when I made it to the usual table with Artemis, Leo, Declan, and Ellie. I sat down and Atlas sat across from me between his sister and his dad.

"How come I haven't met the Delta yet?" I asked Atlas, but Declan answered.

"Because he is a massive flirt and, well, you can put two and two together."

"Always talking so much trash, Decky." A male said, walking over. He was more slender than Declan and Atlas. He had boyish features that I'm sure all the younger she-wolves spooned over. He was totally eavesdropping on us. "I am Delta Fin." He extended his hand out to me and I shook it.

"Drop dead gorgeous and a firm handshake. You know how to make an impression." He winked and took the seat beside me. "Alpha Atlas has been keeping me very busy while Declan watches over you." He looked over at my seething mate. "Can we switch? I want a chance to hang out with her."

"Is this how he gets girls? This is pathetic." Celeste gagged out.

"She has a mate, Fin." Leo answers. Once again someone talks for Atlas. 

Atlas' eyes were shifting and I could not go over there to calm him down.

Fin pushed his lips together and put his eyes back on me. "I do not see a mark. Must not be that serious."

He moved his pointer finger out to touch my collarbone, but I quickly grabbed it with a growl. "Swim off, Flounder."

His face dropped in an instant. "It's Fin."

"Swim off, Flounder." I repeat, shoving his hand into his chest. "Before you lose a hand."

"Alright, alright." He got up and put his hands up. "I'll see you guys outside." I watched as he backed away and walked away completely.

"He is going to feel so stupid in a few days." I muttered before looking at Atlas, but he was gone.

My eyes scanned everyone else, and Leo cleared his throat. "He left when Fin got up."

"Do you think he is going to hurt him?" I was a bit panicked. Atlas could easily kill anyone if he lost control.

Declan shook his head and pulled Ellie into him. "No, he was shifting, and he probably went to run it off. He will be back soon. I'm sure."

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾Please Vote and Comment☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙