XX

Chapter XX

He did not say anything until we were inside the house. In the softest voice I had ever heard him use, he mumbled, "come on." This time, he was leading me.

He still had a firm grip on my hand when we got to the top of the stairs and instead of going to my room, he walked us to his.

He switched on the lights, and my eyes scanned over the area. It was pretty massive. A giant california king bed occupied the back wall that was covered in back silk bedding. The wall nearest to the door held a giant flat screen tv that had a black couch facing it. On the other side of the TV was a giant sliding door that I assumed was his closet.

He walked us further into the room and turned into a door that was to the left of the bed on a different wall. He flicked on that light, revealing a massive bathroom. It was completely made up of white marble. The shower was a glass box with a stone bench and a giant shower head coming from the ceiling.

Atlas took me from my observations by picking me up and placing me on the counter. He refused to look at me as he bent down, opening up the cabinet. He pulled out a first aid kit, laying it next to me and getting up.

"Atlas, it is healed." I tried to reason with him, but he just shook his head, grabbing an alcohol pad.

He opened it and the terrible smell came to my nose. "I know it is, but I need to get all the blood off your face."

I was confused at first until I turned to look behind me in the mirror. There was a dark red stream from my lip to my chin. No wonder he felt so bad. I must have bled more than I thought.

I looked back at him and gave him the go ahead to clean it. He tapped the pad on my face and lip. He was being so gentle that I barely felt it, but he got it done in no time.

"It's your turn." I grabbed his shoulders and hopped down. I patted the spot on the counter I was just sitting on telling him to get up there.

"I am fine." He protested, but I gave him a glare and he jumped up there without trying to defy me again.

I grabbed his hands to examine their state. Declan was right all that time ago. Atlas has gorilla hands. They were covered in blood from Warren and maybe his own. Either way, it was going to get taken care of. 

Alcohol pads would not be of any help right now, so I grabbed the nearest washcloth, wetting it in the sink. After getting all the extra water out of it, I put it to one of his hands, wiping off the blood that was not too dry just yet.

"I am so sorry, Everly." He whispered while watching me.

"It really is fine, Atlas." I said, starting on the other hand. "It is my fault more than yours. I should've put you on your ass from the start."

He did not laugh like I expected him to, but instead he sadly said. "It is not your fault. I should have more control over Helix."

"Artemis told me about everything, Atlas. I know it is hard for you, so I really do call it a win in that department tonight. Celeste did not have to order him to let you have control back. You came back all by yourself." I explained, then grabbed a few alcohol pads to get the dried blood off.

"What do you mean she told you everything?" He inquired, getting agitated. "And I hit you, Everly. Do you not see the problem with that?"

"She told me everything. Like, everything, everything." I tried to clarify without going into detail. "You did not hit me, Atlas. I got in the way and tried to pull you off without letting you know I was there. You did not purposely strike me."