XXVII

Chapter XXVII

Atlas did not leave my side from the time he first saw me in the hospital. Artemis was growing annoyed with him because he wouldn't let anyone but Josh and the doctor in the room. Dr. Riley said I needed my rest to gain my energy back and Atlas was taking that literally. Celeste was down for the count also. The medicine they had me on made her sleep so she could recover fully. It could be a couple of days before she woke up.

I called my parents this morning and they wanted to come as soon as possible. I told them that it was not necessary right now, they needed to focus on the Alpha's duties while he still recovered. I made sure to let them know I was well taken care of as Atlas is my caretaker.

Atlas did everything for me except coming into the bathroom when I used it. I was going to be discharged soon and I knew that meant he was going to be up to my butt about resting because we would be at his house. He took a week off of work to be with me. He told Leo that he was to only be reached if there was an emergency. I truly appreciated it but I did not want Ellie to blame me for Declan being busy all the time.

"I had the locks to the house changed, so we won't have to worry about unwanted guests," Atlas said getting off his phone call that he took in the bathroom.

I snickered at him a bit and adjusted myself on the bed. The tape on my head wound was driving me up the wall. I made Atlas check it every hour so once it was healed enough I could take the bandages off. "They are only unwanted to you. I don't mind everyone coming over,"

"We can have everyone over in a few days, how about that? Josh can still come over whenever he likes though. I'm not limiting his time with his sister," He walked over kissing my cheek. "I talked to Legacy, Lux, and most of the packs around here. I gave them the description of your attacker," His smile faded out as he looked at my bandages.

"Thank you," I said to Josh's statement and grabbed his hand into mine. "You had no idea this was going to happen, Atlas. Do not beat yourself up over something that you can not control. A lot has happened and I just want to go back to normal,"

He nodded and sighed pulling me into a hug. "I thought you were gone forever. I felt the bond breaking, and I couldn't do anything but watch other people help you," He let out a shaky breath, "I am going to kill the bastard that nearly took you away from me,"

"Well, I am right here. Do not get stuck on what happened when we do not have any information yet. What you need to worry about is how many Frappuccinos you owe me and how you're going to pay for that," I giggled as his chest vibrated out a chuckle.

He leaned away and kissed my nose. "Anything for you,"

Getting discharged from the hospital did not take long. As soon as the paper was drawn up, I signed it and my boneheaded mate had me in his arms walking out the door. "I can walk,"

"I know that. Helix is acting a bit on edge, you need to save your energy and you are just wearing a hospital gown," He said walking in the direction of the house.

Helix was a pain in my ass but he was still technically my mate so I just brushed it off. "Can you check my head again when we get home?" I asked changing the subject.

"Yes," He smiled down at me.

It seemed like it took forever to get to the house and get inside. I was so ready for a relaxing day, it wasn't even funny.