S E V E N T E E N: DANTE NO1-50

Start from the beginning

"That sounds amazing to hear, Dante." Kol murmured, closing his eyes.

"Kol."

"Hmm."

"Will you come with me? You and Davina?"

Kol opened his eyes. "You did promise to take us somewhere."

"I know. But to the new dawn. When I ascend to the new beginning." Dante raised his head, breathing through his mouth. He inched closer to Kol, placing his head on Kol's chest. "Your heart calms me down. I always listen to it."

"I will," Kol gazed down at Dante.

The Godsent sleeping on his chest seemed so different than the one he watched gut down those monsters and burn Augusta to ash.

This was peace.

"Sleep, Dante. Sleep."

\----                              ☀︎

When Dante woke up mere minutes later, so he thought. Kol and Davina informed him it was night.

The blue night sky of Cyrsae glistened with sleeping stars moving sluggishly, Even the êirf dragons had flown to wherever they slept.

It pained Davina to say goodbye to the dragonling and her mother who stayed close by to watch with sharp eyes.

"We leave now." Dante glanced at the egg and his hatchlings perched in Kols' arms. "I want them in the water."

Dante waved his hands together, twisting it like a ball. Golden energy crackled around his palms, summoning wind that almost knocked him back. It whirls wider, smelling of lavender and burning flame on wood.

The gold energy thrummed against his hand, turning into the êirf. It widened, revealing the insides of Rzej's penthouse lounge.

Dante walked in, followed by Kol and Davina. "Honey, I'm home." Dante's Cyrsaen accent meandered like a pretty flower. He stepped into the empty lounge of his brother's penthouse and sighed.

"Dante." Gisela walked into the lounge. She stopped in sight of the egg, gasping. "Are those baby gators?"

"Mine." Dante told his twin with a shit-eating grin on his face.

"I can see that. They have your attitude." Gisela smiled at Davina. "You must be Davina." She held out a hand to the Claire witch. Davina gave an unsaying smile.

"I am. You're Gisela right, Dante's twin?"

"I am. come let's get you cleaned up." Gisela led Davina away, leaving Kol and Dante alone.

"I'll be taking this to the locker room and my hatchlings to mine." Dante took the egg from Kol. "You are welcome to join me for a bath." He smirked.

Kol glanced at his dirty outfit and made a face. "Only a bath."

"Sure. If you say so."

----

Dante spent the next few hours watching the hatchlings swim in the egg-shaped bathtub of his en-suite.

His jaw rested on the edge of the tub, a shimmering light twisted in his eyes. Something he's only felt once.

Unconditional love.

"Look at them go," He coed at Kol who sat on the floor beside Dante.

Kol raised his head, shifting closer to the tub. The hatchlings moved around each other, as though they were communicating. One red scale splashed its tail. Kol wasn't sure if it was a male or female.