S I X T E E N: EMPATHY

hello, my loves. I hope you enjoy! Don't forget to vote and comment. They mean alot to me.

Dante seemed so put together

Dante seemed so put together. Not someone who could gut down human-alligator monsters with an insane smile on his face.

Kol tore through the leathery throat of one monster. He threw it towards Dante who gutted him from head to ass. splitting him as if he were dinner. The Morgenstern male grinned at Kol, crackling before running towards more monsters. He went low and high, moving one leg back and another swinging.

"Dante, behind you," Davina threw a monster towards Kol. Her husband bit into the monster's neck.

Dante conjured a short golden dagger he threw towards the monster behind him. "You're welcome."

Davina cocked her head to the left, snarling when Dante pushed Kol towards a monster. "What are you doing?"

Chanting a silent spell, Davina gave the monster an aneurysm. His head popped open.

"Hey, you ruined my game." Dante pouted as two monsters rushed at him, he slid down his knees towards them. His sword gripped into his right hand. The sharp edge towards his waist while his dagger rested in his other hand. He smirked, bending over when he neared the monsters and cut the one on his left with his tendril. The other by stabbing his foot. Dante beheaded the last two monsters with a berserker's bloodthirsty snarl.

Blood splattered on his face. He licked the blood from his lips, nodding. "That was fun," he turned to Davina and Kol, rushing to them. "I missed this. Killing things." He rasped.

"You almost got me killed." Kol snarled, pushing Dante to the wall.

"I was trying to save you." Dante held Kols's hand.

"By pushing him towards the monsters?" It was Davina's turn to glare at Dante.

He only smiled. "Precisely. They hate vampires."

"And I would have been dead."

"Not if you had let me do my job. I wanted to take him out through you. But I guess you've never been parley to monstrous fights." Dante pulled Kol from his view. "Let's go." He walked past bodies of monsters, towards a guiding light leading to his destination.

When they reached the light, another gate beheld them. Dante snapped the locks open. As he did. Those same monsters stood waiting, with a beautiful woman before them. The body of an alligator and the head of a woman.

She gave a sickening sweet smile. "Hello, husband."

Dante hissed. "Hello, Wife."

Davina and Kol held hands, standing behind Dante whose wife cranked her neck to glance at them. "I see you brought snacks."

"Shouldn't reptiles stick to eating wildebeest and Zebra?" Kol retorted staring down at Dante's wife.

"My name is Augusta," She bared her sharp teeth, glaring hard at Kol and Davina. Augusta turned to her guards behind her. "Seize them. I don't have to order you." Her reptile body moved with coordinated grace.