N I N E: IT WAS IN ME

Hello, my loves

Hello, my loves. It's been a while. I've been busy with work but I'll be updating every two days now. Don't forget to vote and comment. They mean a lot to me.

—-

"Hey lady, need a ride."

During one of the fifth waves in A.C.E., a drunk customer tapped Gisela's ass. Hot flashing anger heated within her. It had taken less than a second for her to push him to the ground and punched him.

"Don't you ever disrespect me." Gisela bared her teeth at the customer. Her jet-black hair frayed over her face. Gasp and shouts echoed into her ears, but none of that mattered as she pounded into the bulky man's face.

"Gisela," Chase yelled, rushing through the crowd of customers. They all stopped to gawk at the commotion. He pulled her off the man whose face was so bloody, Chase hoped he was still alive. "Let's get out of here." He nodded to bouncers at the entrance who were wise enough to stay out of Gisela's fist. He couldn't help but think of them as cowards.

Chase took Gisela to Astra's office where she busied herself with paperwork. Earplugs in her ears as Florence the machine blasted on full volume. When the door slammed shut, Astra paused her music and glanced up.

Gisela trembled with blood staining her fist. "He touched me, I couldn't control myself." She seethed, grounding herself together.

"I'll keep an eye on you," Astra nodded to Chase to leave. With reluctance, Chase left."I'm sorry."

The warmth of Astra's office embraced Gisela in a way that warmed the cold tendrils in her heart, engulfing the ice until it melted. "Thank you," She gave a smile that didn't quite meet her eyes.

Astra nodded to the couch by the wall. She sat on the blue velvet couch, caressing the nape of it. The soft fur-like skin kissed her calloused palms like a warm breeze in the summer morning.

"I'm tired," Gisela breathed through her nose, listening to Astra's beating heart. It was so fast she could never catch it, no matter what. Astra ran fast and fast and fast. Too fast for Gisela to break that ice deep and deep and deep in her heart. She hid behind an ice wall that no magic could break.

"Rest up," Astra walked to the couch, breathing in Gisela's magnolia sweet scent. It whiffed a floral lemony zest into her nose, she had to hold her breath. Too strong and too sweet. As beautiful as daffodils. "I'll watch over you." She kneeled before the couch, raising a hand to caress Gisela's hair. "Sleep."

When she was sure Gisela had fallen asleep, Astra walked to her desk and picked up her phone, dialing Rzej's number. When it went to voicemail, she hissed, cussing at him in an old demon tongue.

"Upÿipitus," Astra growled. She called many times until he finally answered, breathing heavily.

"What's wrong? Is everything okay?" Rzej asked with worry laced in his tongue.