T H I R T E E N: FRAGILE GLASS

Don't forget to vote and comment

Don't forget to vote and comment. They mean a lot and make my day. It also motivates me to update.

--

For weeks, they planned. Often questioning when Maalefi'Caerys would make the first move. It's difficult to know what your enemy is thinking when he hasn't presented himself.

So they had the time to plan. That was what they said to themselves. Borrowed time. Until The Demon Head struck. When he made the first move. They would know.

Rzej watched the plunging snow engulf the shivering streets of Los Angelos from the window in his office. His mind often crossed over his mate's decision. Either way, he would die.

Biting down his lips, Rzej refused to acknowledge Klaus's presence the entire time. The hybrid remained perched by the leather couch watching Rzej.

"Will you speak?" Klaus rubbed his protruding stomach. When Clarissa informed them of the growth spurt, he hadn't expected to be the size of a planet within a few weeks.

"I have nothing to say." Rzej watched a parent walk their child through the heavy snow lashing its fury. "You'll die anyways. I'll have to raise a child by myself."

Klaus rolled his eyes, gazing down at his stomach. "Kick twice if you think Papa is being too melodramatic for his taste?"

He chuckled at one kick, then another and another and another. "Okay, we get it. Papa is very dramatic."

Rzej rolled his eyes, flicking his golden hair from his face. "Haha. Very funny."

Hazing snow furling into the office from the open window had Klaus shivering as he stood up with difficulty. He placed one hand on the couch and another behind his back. "I would appreciate it if you helped me to the bathroom. This child decided it would be funny to temper with my hybrid qualities." Klaus gritted his teeth.

"I only help because I'm required to. If I had a choice—"

"—Yeah, Yeah, you'll not involve yourself at all. Such typical words of a spawn creator."

Rzej rolled his eyes, walking to Klaus. The brightness of the sun gave his office some daytime spark he needed— some warmth to keep his space warm. "I don't like the plan." He stopped himself from going further.

Chirping birds conversing back and forth got louder with their chatter. It had Rzej nodding his head as if he understood the argument between two of the birds.

The birds stopped chatting and flew off. Their wings beat against the snow from the sky. Rzej helped Klaus into the ensuite bathroom in his office. En-suite for a reason.

"This is my safe space to hide away from you and Rowena. Now you won't leave." He hissed through gritted teeth, watching Klaus waddle to the toilet.

"Oh, I know. That's why she sends me down here while she's up there working on finding ingredients for the spell." Klaus gave Rzej a look and the Seraph turned to his back.