T E N: THE BAD MAN

Heya my loves. I hope you enjoy! Don't be a silent reader!

"What's your plan again?" Rowena questioned Rzej

"What's your plan again?" Rowena questioned Rzej. She and Klaus followed right behind him as he hurried back to the cafe where Carla worked.

"I plan to lure out Elijah and torture him," Rzej ignored the pained look on Klaus's face. He decided to tell the hybrid rather than face his wrath when he learned. "If what you say is true, then torturing him in front of her may draw out my sister from deep into her new vessel."

"It should work," Klaus nodded. "Do you have to torture Elijah?"

It was Rowena's turn to scoff. "Says the man who puts his siblings in a box."

Klaus swatted Rowens's head.

"What? It's the truth."

Snow furled from the sky, covering the entire pavement of New York. It was a foot deep, reaching their ankle every time they took a step.

Rzej glanced at the beaming sun that was darkening by the minute. "Astra said Elijah is always at the Cafe ordering coffee by this time of the day." He sucked on a tooth as they neared the cafe.

"What kind of torture will you be exerting?" Klaus gripped Rzej and Rowena's hands while standing between them. "Something interesting I hope. Less painful. I'm the only one allowed to torture my brother."

"Would you love the honor then?" Rzej grinned wickedly at him.

"I'm sure he would. He's always daggering them like the dog he is. He's the one who heeds a leash." Rowena chirped. She could almost taste the crispy cold air lingering as she sucked in a breath.

"Haha, very funny." Klaus rolled his eyes as Rzej opened the doors to the cafe. His eyes landed on Elijah and that tugging feeling pushed him. "He looks different." Klaus tilted his head, watching his brother who looked and felt like a different person. The leather jacket was so unlike him and that ruffled hair and jeans had Klaus scrunching his nose.

"He looks human." Rzej caressed Klaus's wrist. An action he noted comforted Klaus. "Do you wish to do it?"

Klaus shook his head. "I don't think I can stomach this one," He glanced up at Rzej's towering form. "I don't think I can."

"This child is buttering you up," Rowena walked ahead of them, towards Elijah, and sat beside him by the bar counter. Carla shared light conversations with him and the same vampire they've seen one too many times now. "Hello."

Carla, Elijah, and the woman, Antoinette glanced at her, a beaming smile on their faces as though she interrupted a funny conversation.

"You're Elijah right?" Rowena sneaked a glance at Klaus and Rzej. They both stayed at the booth closest to the counter, watching with discretion.

Elijah raised his brows, turning from Carla and Antoinette, then back towards Rowena. "Yes. Who are you?"

"I heard you were looking to find out about your past."