S I X : I THINK I'M GONNA LIKE IT HERE

Hello my loves. I hope you enjoy this chapter! Don't forget to vote and comment.

FOR weeks, Klaus stared at Rzej who remained unmoving on the bed

FOR weeks, Klaus stared at Rzej who remained unmoving on the bed. He stayed there even when the birds chirped a morning song or the sun set and rose. His hands always claimed underneath his chin as he stared at Rzej. He'd made sure his mate was comfortable on the bed, in his most comfortable clothes.

Rowena strolled into the shared bedroom with William by her side. "You should rest," She whispered, watching Klaus's eyes close, before he snapped it open again. "Sleep."

William sat next to Klaus on the bed, and pulled out his comic book to read. Everyday after training in the dark universe, his mother brought him to the bedroom to give Rzej company. He would read pages and pages of the Verosian comics.

"I'm fine." Klaus yawned, leaning forward to ruffle Williams hair. "How was your training today?"

"People are mean, but I made a new friend. Her name is Narelle. She's pretty cool. She's the only one who speaks to me." William pulled out his phone, "She took plenty of selfies on my phone." He scrolled through various pictures before handing the phone to Klaus. Rowena perched behind Klaus, her hands on the chair he sat.

When they stared at the picture of Narelle, their breath became caught in spiders web. That rose gold eyes with black around the iris. That golden hair that glowed with or without the sun and the curled tip. That square face with strong angular jaw that Klaus was so sure were made of steel.

That face— Rzej's face.

"I'm beginning to wonder if your father has many children we don't know of." Klaus shook the feeling off with a sheer. He glanced at Rzej when a thought entered his mind. That girl also looks more similar to someone he did not want to think on.

It couldn't be— it couldn't be the reason why.

Whirling fan made a loud scratching noise when it rotated towards the bed and another away from Rzej. "I have some homework." William took back his phone. He kissed his mother and Klaus on the cheeks before leaving.

Rowena took the moment to sit on the bed facing Klaus. "I know that look." She crooned.

"I can't be too sure. It can't be a coincidence." Klaus bit his lips furling those thoughts well out the window. It wouldn't help Rzej in this stage.

"What?"

The hybrid gazed to Rzej whose eyes twitched. Then he moved, so fast, Rowena didn't have time to blink as Klaus kneeled on the floor. "Jedzej?" He ran his fingers through the shining golden hair of his mate, listening and watching every strained breath. Every rise of the chest, every whimper Rzej exerted.