E I G H T: HEAD ABOVE WATER

The sun set when Astra barged into Rzej's bedroom yelling that she's found Carla

The sun set when Astra barged into Rzej's bedroom yelling that she's found Carla. Rzej detached himself from Klaus who sat up, glancing from Astra to Rzej.

"Your sister, Callisto?" Klaus's eyes went wide. He assumed she was as good as dead last they heard.

Rzej nodded, taking hold of Klaus's hand and kissed it. "Where is she?" He demanded with a shuddering heart that wouldn't stop shaking.

Astra took the pleasure of sitting on the bed, then sniffled the room, making a face. "Reeks of sex and come in here," She growled. Klaus blushed avoiding Rzej's smirking eyes. "She's in New York now as a waitress. Dating the stepson of Selene Herculean; Gabriel Knightley."

A sour scowl stormed on Rzej's face. The deadliest Klaus had ever seen. "That abusive bastard found her." Rzej growled, clenching his fist.

Astra nodded, licking her lips. "I made it an honor to contact Ozias Adams. I told him to do something about his stepbrother," She pouted. "I may or may not have pissed off The Creator of all, but he said he will take care of Gabriel."

Klaus rubbed Rzej's back, noting all the tensions that twisted in knots. It often added pain to his injury. Now he hoped their recent activity didn't cause Rzej more pain than it did pleasure.

"Good, you handled that well-ish. Give me the address, I need to see her." His eyes watered. The last time they spoke, they exchanged words and the next he heard, she died in war. As it turned out, she survived and most likely hadn't presented herself in her new vessel. In Carla King.

"I'll text it to you." Astra pulled out her phone.

When she left, Rzej plopped back on the bed resting on his back when the ache returned. He gripped his chest, taking several deep breaths to control his emotions. In and out.

Klaus placed his hands above Rzej's and laid his head on his mate's chest, listening to his beating heart. It raged as furious as a raging storm.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Klaus asked.

"No, I ha—"
Astra barged back in when Rzej was about to speak. This time she pointed a finger at Klaus. The hybrid glanced at her with raised brows.

"Your brother Elijah is in New York, as is Rebekah and Marcel. Elijah is with Carla."

Rzej sat up. "Elijah and Callisto? Yeah right. Those two hated each other." He looked at Klaus. His mate stared at his hands, finding something interesting on his naked lap. He wore one of Rzej's baggy shirts that reached his knees. And a pair of blue shorts to curb the frostiness radiating through him.

"I did see them kiss last I heard. . ." He raised his hands in defense when Rzej growled. "Last I heard, they turned to a new leaf and Elijah has been hellbent on finding her. Perhaps he did."