E I G H T E E N: THE HOME OF THE GODSENTS

Hell my loves. Welcome to the final chapter of act one😮‍💨 enjoy!
Qotd: Who's your favorite character so far?

 Welcome to the final chapter of act one😮‍💨 enjoy!Qotd: Who's your favorite character so far?

Paris was busy this time of the year. Especially the Eiffel Tower at noon. People walked past Elijah and Callisto, towards a small shop perched at the corner of the walkway. A bookstore.

"Are you sure your contact is here?" Callisto glanced at Elijah, giving him a side-eye.

A snort bellowed from Elijah's throat. "Oh, my dear Niece is here. Eve will be here." Elijah placed his hands into his coat pocket, feeling for heat.

"Doesn't she hate your guts?" Callisto followed Elijah toward the small bookstore.

"Oh, she does. But I'm sure she's more willing to avenge her sister."

"Good."

The bell to the bookstore tinged. An annoying sound Callisto wanted to burn off the earth. But she smiled at Elijah and walked in. "Too many humans." She flickered her sharp nails. She stared boredly at the stalls stacked with books and in the corner, a reading went on. "Which one is she?"

Elijah narrowed his eyes around until they landed on a dark-skinned female with black hair and neon green eyes. "Her." He pointed to his niece. Eve moved books from an iron cart, from shelf to shelf. She stacked various books in various sections. Most thick and most small enough to read in a single sitting.

A whirl of vicious smile etched on Callisto's face. "Good. I'll do the talking," She took a step forward, but Elijah held her back. "What?" She flashed her canines at him. Her dark pink eyes turned gold in a moment.

"I'll do the talking. She doesn't know you. She's my niece."

Callisto sighed. "Fine."

She followed behind Elijah. Her mate approached Eve slowly, cautiously as the whispering voices in the bookstore. Some she noted were friends and family who made conversations.

That serene peace in their eyes. The gull to hold history books and call them novels. Callisto scoffed, flickering her eyes to the glass ceiling of the bookstore. She could glimpse the sun and the clouds moving with a snail's movement.

"Eve." Elijah piped up. His niece glanced up at him and a flash of red storm brewed in her neon green eyes. She took a look around the store before walking away. With a lonely gesture for her uncle to follow her.

Callisto sucked in the vintage smell of the store, following after Elijah with sharp feline grace.

They were led to a storeroom with numerous books placed in boxes and more boxes on shelves. The room was painted out with shelves nailed to the wall, left and right. It left space to walk in the middle.