47. The Wedding

TWO YEARS LATER

Ichirou's perfectly manicured hands fiddled with the white fabric of his dress again, unable to stop the anxiety from bubbling up. "So, you really think I look okay?"

"Ichirou, you're a ten talking to a four. You look incredible. Now stop moving, I've got to get this eyeliner on perfectly," Yuuhei grumbled.

Ichirou closed his eyes, his heartbeat thundering in his ears. Today was the big day that Ichirou had been planning for over a year. Anytime he wasn't working with his team on designing more high-quality makeup that seemed to almost immediately sell out, he had been frantically working with his wedding planner to pick out everything. Masahiro had largely washed his hands of it, saying that he wanted pretty much anything that Ichirou wanted. The only thing he wanted was to wear a navy tuxedo, which Ichirou was more than okay with.

Mars, Ichirou's assistant, whom he had grown fairly close to over the past couple of years, popped their head into the bedroom after a quick few knocks, their flaming red hair still a mess. When they saw that Ichirou was sitting on the bed, and not, say, having a panic attack in his underwear, walked in. "Hey, just checking up on you. We're not panicking, are we?"

"Oh, I'm panicking," Ichirou replied easily in English.

"Well, maybe we don't do that. Masahiro is going to marry you no matter what," Mars said soothingly as they walked over and handed a glass of white wine to Ichirou.

"I know, but I want this to be perfect..." Ichirou mumbled.

"And it will. Do you need me to get your mom or your dad?" Mars asked, pointing with their thumbs to the door.

"God, no, I'd rather die. Get Ichika, she's a big enough doofus that it'll help calm my nerves," Ichirou replied with a snort.

"You got it. Be right back. Or maybe not. I might need to sit down and talk with some bigwigs. Either way, Ichika will be here," Mars said, jogging off.

"What happened? Is Ichika coming?" Yuuhei asked. His grasp of English was not nearly as good as Ichirou's, so he could only vaguely keep up.

"Yeah, hopefully, her goofiness can help chill me out," Ichirou mumbled, trying not to freak out.

"Ichirou, I know you care about this day a lot, but really, nobody is expecting everything to be perfect. All that really matters is that you and Masahiro will finally be married, right?" Yuuhei said.

Ichirou swallowed heavily. "Yeah, you're right. It's just... I'm scared. Today's a big day. We're not only doing this whole big wedding, but we're going to become mates."

"Ichirou, you've been incredibly excited about all of those things," Yuuhei insisted. "You want to get married to Masahiro, and he wants to get married to you. You want to become his mate. Speaking of, did you make sure that your pill is packed away properly? With the lingerie?"

Ichirou felt his cheeks flush at just the mention of what was happening tonight. He had managed to get his hands on a heat inducer, which was notoriously difficult to get prescribed to you. With the inducer, he would begin his heat in thirty minutes or less, which was perfect for tonight. However, just as he was extremely excited, he was also extremely nervous. Besides having kids and living happily ever after, it was the last step in their relationship.

Ichika walked in at that moment, tugging Yuri in with her. "Heyyy, I heard someone's a grumpy goose!"

"Do not call me that," Ichirou said seriously.

Ichika and Yuri were still together, and still just as inseparable. Yuri had managed to stand up to her parents a fair bit, and while they still had yet to move in together, they were working on it. Yuri and Ichika were wearing matching outfits; a lavender pantsuit for Ichika, and a lavender bodycon dress for Yuri.

The Pink Rose's Promise (BL)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें