3. A Walk in the Park

It was bound to be a beautiful day if Ichirou said so himself. The sun was shining beautifully and he could hear the chirps of birds outside his window. It was the perfect day for a walk in the park, which was, incidentally, the plan. Masahiro would be here soon, and then they would be heading to Shinjuku Gyoen. Today they would also be alone for the first time, which Ichirou was a little bit apprehensive about. Since they would be in a very public area, he figured that it would probably be fine in the end. They had agreed to eat before they left, and after having his meal, his sister had asked to talk to him in private. So, that's where he sat now, listening to his sister.

Ichika had been working extremely hard to find out more information about Masahiro. This was more likely to help her feel at peace with him dating than it was to actually help him, but it did help somewhat. He had learned that Masahiro had no publicly available social media, that his uncle was planning on handing down the hotel chain to Masahiro, and probably the most important fact: Masahiro's parents died when he was seven.

In retrospect, it made sense; Masahiro hadn't talked about his parents whatsoever during their time together, only his aunt. But it was also difficult to really see how that had affected Masahiro. He had acted like a somewhat goofy, normal guy. Ichirou wasn't exactly sure how an orphan should act, but he had expected there to be some sort of hint.

"Hey, hey, are you listening?" Ichika asked, poking her older brother. "I want to run an audit on him. Can't you give me his phone number?"

"You're being too clingy, Ichika. There's no way I'm giving you his number right now. You'll meet him when you meet him."

"But, here's the thing!" She stood up, her eyes ablaze and steam pouring from her nostrils. "You've never had good luck with relationships ever! How can I trust this guy is the real deal just based on what you say?! All of the people you've met except for Akamine-san have been terrible! And every time you end up crying in your bed alone! I'm sick and tired of it!! Let me meet him!"

Ichirou rolled his eyes. "Not until you chill."

With that, his phone let out a cute beeping noise, telling him that he'd received a message from Masahiro. He opened it up, and it simply read "I'm here," with a sparkling car sticker. That was all Ichirou needed, so he stood up.

Before he walked out the door, he double-checked his outfit. Today's outfit was a short-sleeved, white collared shirt, a pastel pink and purple ombre vest with a cute moon decal above his heart, white dress shorts, a chiffon-hair bow around his ponytail, a cloud-shaped shoulder bag, and some simple pink and white striped trainers. It was a dreamy, slightly nerdy look. Doing a quick spin to ensure that everything looked correct, he quickly began walking out of his room.

Ichika chased him, begging him to let her meet Masahiro, but Ichirou decided at that point that he was not going to engage with her any further about this. His mother and father were waiting by the door and gushed to him how happy they were that he was going on another date. He managed to quickly get away from them and walked out the front door. He turned from the closed door to see Masahiro leaning against his car.

Masahiro's outfit of the day matched a young business executive in the making a lot more than his previous outfit. He was wearing sunglasses, matching desaturated blue slacks and suit jacket, and a white button-down that was unbuttoned just a bit more than would be considered appropriate in any business situation. To put it simply, he looked hot. Well, he was an alpha, so it had to be expected.

Upon seeing Ichirou, Masahiro sprung into action, opening the passenger door. Ichirou rolled his eyes. He was going to have to talk to him about that sooner or later.