The One With The Road Trip

Start from the beginning

"Hey, we'll be fine," Emily cooed as she tried to dissolve her sister's worries. The Radkova witch used the hand that wasn't playing with her necklace and reach over to squeeze Elena's shoulder in a comforting motion. "I'll keep us safe," Emily vowed. "We just need to find Stefan before Klaus finds out we're in Chicago," the Radkova witch stated.

"I sure hope we find him for your sake, princess," Damon muttered as he glanced over to the Radkova witch, who was leaning in the middle of the two front seats. "It would suck if the last memento of Stefan was that crappy old necklace," the Salvatore vampire stated as he briefly glanced down to the necklace around Emily's neck with a disgusted expression.

The Radkova witch immediately rolled her green eyes at her sister's boyfriend. "The only thing crappy and old is you," Emily mumbled as she slapped Damon's shoulder.

"You do realize you don't have to wear that thing anymore, right?" The Salvatore vampire inquired with a raise of his right eyebrow while he completely ignored Emily's insult. "Compulsion doesn't work on witches," Damon informed the eldest Gilbert sister.

"I know," Emily mumbled as she glanced down to the necklace. "It just makes me feel close to Stefan," the Radkova witch added.

Emily, of course, knew she didn't have to wear the necklace. The only time she had ever taken it off was during her emotionless period before she immediately put it back on. It didn't offer Emily anymore protection against vampires since becoming a witch but it offered Emily comfort. It reminded Emily of the love that she shared with Stefan. It reminded Emily that she had something worth fighting for.

"Well, he could have gotten you something better looking," Damon muttered.

Emily, once again, rolled her green eyes at the Salvatore vampire. The Radkova witch knew it was pointless to keep arguing with Damon, so she ignored him. Instead, Emily leaned forward and looked over to her twin sister as she suddenly thought of something.

"Did you start wearing yours again?" The Radkova witch curiously asked as she began searching Elena's upper body for her vervain necklace.

The Radkova witch remembered when her sister had taken off the vervain necklace when she became a vampire. However, Emily knew since Elena had came back from the other side as human, she would need that protection again from the bad vampires who show up in Mystic Falls.

Elena shook her head before she brought up her left wrist, where a beautiful diamond bracelet laid against her skin. "Dam got me this," Elena informed her twin sister. The human girl flipped her arm around to show the clasp. "There is a tiny hole here to put vervain inside of it," Elena explained.

"At least I know how to give my girl something stylish," Damon cockily exclaimed as he tossed his arm around Elena's shoulder.

The Radkova witch scoffed at the Salvatore vampire before she leaned back in her seat. "It's the thought that counts," Emily mumbled as she defended her boyfriend with her arms crossed over her chest.

The blue Mustang slowly lulled to a silence after that as the supernatural group continued their way to Chicago. The quietness lasted for another thirty minutes before it was broken by the Lockwood werewolf.

"Don't you have any music?" Tyler asked as he leaned forward to wrap his hands around the Salvatore vampire's headrest. "This is boring," the Lockwood werewolf muttered.

"Nope," Damon exclaimed as he didn't even bother glancing back at the teenager. "Sit back and shut up," the Salvatore vampire ordered.

Elena quickly slapped her boyfriend's arm as to silently scold him before she moved her brown gaze back to the Lockwood werewolf. "There should be a CD case on the floorboard," the human girl informed Tyler with a kind smile playing on her lips.