Chapter 39: "Ms. Miller"

The next morning, we woke up and got dressed. I once again stole some of her clothes, perhaps I should leave a few outfits at her house for when I’m staying over, but I like taking her clothes, even if they aren’t my size. We got to school and went on with our day as usual. During lunch break, Izzy and Ed started talking about a senior’s prank.

-“Bro, we need to do one last prank before graduation, we can’t leave like that” Ed said

-“I agree” Izzy added

-“Have you thought of anything?” Of course I was in, I missed causing trouble.

-“We can break into the office and blast music through the microphone, that will definitely cause some fuss, plus it’s quite harmless” Ed suggested

-“Yes, but is it enough? We are known as the school’s troublemakers, perhaps we should also organize a senior’s prank, with the rest of our classmates”

-“I agree with Izzy we need to organize something huge” “I got it, how about we fill the entire hallway with balloons and place alarm clocks set on different times into the lockers, so they all go off at different times and drive people crazy?”

-“That’s awesome” Izzy added “Let’s start recruiting people, we still have some time before lunch break, we’ll give them our social and tell them to contact us about the senior prank, we have a weekend to pull it all together, I’ll also send a text in the two group chats I’m in” Most people in this school knew us so it wouldn’t be too hard to convince them.

During English my phone kept buzzing from the messages, I had forgotten it on vibration, and it was audible.

-“That’s it, Ms. Thompson, hand me your phone now” Danielle snapped and yelled at me.

-“I’m sorry Ms. Miller” I said but didn’t give her my phone, I took it out and put it on silent.

-“I won’t repeat myself, your phone Ms. Thompson, NOW” Her tone was strict and I could tell she was pissed at me. I gave it to her and looked down.

-“I’m sorry” She went on with her class and when the bell rang I stayed behind to get my phone. My friends stayed with me. She got up and closed the door and shot me a disapproving look.

-“I’m sorry Dani” I shot her an apologetic look.

-“Don’t call me that in school” She said in a strict tone catching me and my friends by surprise.

-“Can I please have my phone back Ms. Miller?” I said sarcastically and she squinted her eyes at me.

-“Perhaps I should give it back to you after the weekend”

-“Seriously? I wasn’t even using it, I just forgot to put it on silent. That’s bullshit.” I don’t know why she was acting that way, but she started getting on my nerves. Izzy noticed and rubbed my arm to calm me down.

-“Maybe I’ll accompany it with a two-day detention” She smirked.

-“Why are you doing this?” Ed asked her and she turned to look at him.

-“Here, take it, but next time make sure to tell whoever you are talking to, to wait until class is over to text you, unless it’s that important” She gave me my phone back and grabbed her bag, and left.

-“What was that?” Ed asked as we stood in her now empty classroom.

-“She’s jealous” Izzy pointed out and I could sense the amusement in her voice

-“Was she?” I asked confused.

-“Well duh? It was obvious.” I groaned

-“I have to go talk to her, I hope she doesn’t push me away again, that’s the last thing I need” My friends wished me good luck and I made my way to her house. I rang the bell and waited patiently for her to open the door.  She did and looked at me, she seemed mad.