Chapter 32: "Dad!"

The next two weeks passed and Dani and I were back to normal, I was over the incident and my dad’s lawyers were dealing with it. We had one more week until spring break and Dani, Ed, Izzy and I had planned on going on a trip together. We would be going to Izzy’s parents' beach house.

Since it was the last week before spring break I had a lot of tests and Dani helped me study for most of them, except for hers. We had finished the book and now we would be taking a test about it. She had changed her teaching method completely, she was being kinder and more patient. Izzy and Ed were still cautious about her but not as much as in the beginning.

It was now Tuesday and we were hanging out at my house, I was done with my homework and she decided to let grading aside for a while. We were both tired and desperately needed a break from school. We were laying on the couch cuddling when we heard the door unlocking.

-“What the fuck? Are you expecting anyone?” She exclaimed and I shook my head no. We jumped up and went towards the door.

-“Dad? What are you doing here?” I exclaimed

-“I came back earlier monkey” He hugged me and I hugged him back. “And who is your friend?” He said eyeing Dani, I pulled away from his hug and turned to look at her. She seemed completely freaked out and color had completely drained from her face.

-“She’s a friend of mine”

-“Danielle, nice to meet you, Mr. Thompson”

-“Nice to meet you too. So, are you and my daughter dating?” He said playfully and she turned to look at me.

-“No, we are not dad, I can have female friends without dating them” I laughed awkwardly and he raised his eyebrows smirking.

-“If you say so monkey” He messed with my hair. “By the way is this your car in the driveway?” He asked Danielle and she nodded smiling. “Noice” He said and she chuckled.

-“I think I should get going now, I’ll see you tomorrow Cam”

-“Wait, I’ll walk you to your car” I followed her to her car and pecked her lips

-“Cam, what are we going to do?”

-“I’ll come to your house tomorrow and we can discuss it then”

-“Okay baby, I love you, if you need anything give me a call” I smiled and hugged her. She got in her car and drove away. I got back in the house and my dad came out of his room in his pj’s and sat on the couch. I sat next to him and he pulled me into a hug.

-“I missed you monkey”

-“I missed you too, dad”

-“You’ve changed a lot since the last time I saw you”

-“It’s been more than half a year dad, that’s why”

-“I know, I’m sorry, but now I’m not leaving anytime soon, I’ll be around until you leave for college. Have you thought of what you want to do?”

-“I was thinking of studying Economics in the local college, it has one of the best programs in the state and it’s convenient”

-“Then send an application soon” “What about that girlfriend of yours?”

-“She’s not my girlfriend dad”

-“Sure Cam, friends kiss each other all the time”

-“You were spying on me?”

-“No monkey, I just looked out the window, now, tell me about her”

-“We meet at a club”

-“And what were you doing at a club?” He asked in a strict tone