{Plot 2}• chapter éîght

Start from the beginning

He could tell from Audrey's wide eyes, her beautiful slightly parted pink lips and her cute rosy cheeks that his plan to surprise her had worked perfectly. He had imagined this look on her face all night as he thought about the next morning (now), he was too excited to sleep. He went as far as to carefully make sure everything was ready for their date. He wanted it to be perfect. He had followed the maid- Genevieve to the kitchen to personally oversee the arrangements much to all the servants bewilderment hence the fast spreading rumours. Darius had carefully selected the finest silk table cloth and the best fruits he made sure were baked into the pie and the other pastries he had arranged for them to enjoy. He wasn't aware of Audrey's favorite foods so he was left to rely on a very trustworthy source- Greer and Orchid.

Darius had met up with them to plan it all up and he was more than delighted to stay up late ensuring it was all without mistake. All for his mate, all for his Audrey. He also made sure to only bring the best wines in the kingdom for her to taste, if she didn't like the taste of a particular one he would ensure it wouldn't be served ever again and if she liked which ever one he would ensure it was now the castles best.

Greer and Orchid couldn't help snickering as they looked back at how eager his highness was for he and Audrey's little date. They had decided from the moment Darius sought their help they would play match maker for Audrey and Darius. The moon goddess had already joined them, interwoven their fates and knotted their souls for life but they saw this as a chance to help their relationship bloom. It didn't take a genius to know the king absolutely adored his mate but Audrey was still skeptical and although they didn't quite know anything about her background before the castle they did know one thing; the two needed a gentle push in the right direction and the first light festival would be a great start.

It was a celebration for new alliances and engagements. In the celebrations noble men will be given one candle each with their names on it and they were meant to give the candle to which ever lady they were interested in. It was kind of like a leap of fate for the men. If the ladies accepted their courtship or to show they reciprocated their feelings the ladies would light said candle and place it on her window at night to call to the men.

Orchid and Greer had already organised and went over their plan carefully. Come hell or high water they would bring the two together before the end of the festivities.

❀✿❀✿❀✿

Walking up to Audrey Darius kept his eyes on hers, his dark onyx orbs staring deeply into hers. She couldn't look away, no matter how much of a fool she knew she was making of herself right at that moment.

Stopping only a few inches away he took her hand in his, his gaze never releasing hers nor allowing her to look away. "Morning love, you look breathtaking as usual" he smiles, placing a kiss o top of her knuckles.

He stared amused at the bright tinge that didn't fail to coat her cheeks and the bridge of her nose. He easily towered over her, another thing that left her easily flustered by him. She felt so little whenever he'd stand so close, she'd have to stress her neck to look all the way and if she looked head on then she came face to face with the large expanse on his chests.

Why was she here again? Audrey asked herself, forgetting what exactly she was doing here in front of this big gorgeous man. His eyes had that effect on her, she was confused and flustered. "M-morning" she replied, her trembling voice giving everything away.

Darius smiles sweetly, finding Audrey so cute. "Thank you Ryker. I'll take it from here" he said, dismissing Ryker with a curt nod.

Along with Ryker, long gone was Audrey's sense of defense and any shred of confidence she normally tried to carry around that for some reason Darius was able to dismantle with just one look. She found herself staring at his retreating form till he disappeared. She turned her head back to meet Darius's handsome smile directed at her.