Chapter 43

Naveen along with Huda and Alekh left early to brief the security. Gunny along with Naina went to the control rooms to have a better access to the security cameras all around the place. It was around 3 in the morning. 

The entire city was in a deep slumber dreaming about the celebration fueled by their love for the mother nation. 

Neha went to discuss the plan with her fellow Air Force Officers and Pooja was all prepared with the equipment including the signal jammers, just in case. 

She was sporting true courage, just like how an officer should be, calm and collected, even in adverse conditions.

After some time, Naina came in and sat beside Pooja.

"Are Naina tu, tu yahan kya kar rahi hai?" Pooja tried to hide her vulnerability.

"Pooja... tu jaanti hai na... tu mujhse kuchh bhi nahi chhupa sakti." Naina said in soft voice.

"Chhupana? Are tere system mein koi error aa gaya hai shayad. Main kya chhupaungi tujhse?" Pooja said as she again turned around and pretended to adjust the things in her bag.

"Kuchh nahi hoga Ali ko..." Naina told her.

It was at this time when Naina felt how totally wrong it was. Just because Rajveer was a Major, he had certain advantages. Not that he used them, he always made sure that every single one of them was treated equally. But take last night for an example, Rajveer came to meet her and they at least had a conversation with each other before this entire fiasco. But what about Pooja? She didn't get a chance to meet Ali. But unknown to Naina, that was exactly the reason why all six of them were still together. Because whenever something good happened to them, they always wished the happiness to others. And whenever something bad happened to any one of them, they used to experience the pain like their own. Just like now. Naina forgot her happiness of meeting Rajveer, instead she was focused on the fact that Pooja too, was feeling miserable without Ali.

"Janti hu... par..." Pooja tried to speak but Naina cut her off.

"Par war kuchh nahi. I told you na... Ali or Yudi ko kuchh nahi hoga... kisi ko kuchh nahi hoga." She said determined.

"Future kisne dekha hai Naina? Agar kismat ne dhokha de diya to?" Pooja said. For the first time in all these years, Pooja was the one who was getting unsure and Naina was the one who was consoling her.

"Kismat? Har baar kismat ki thodi na chalegi. You know what Pooja, I have decided, I am not going to die by this... whatever this is. Matlab mere death certificate par kya likhenge ye log.... Captain Naina Singh Ahluwalia, sister of Major Naveen Singh Ahluwalia ka cause of death... koi strange sa... naya paida hua virus.... wahhh. This is too insulting yar." Naina ranted like a kid and Pooja looked at her amused.

"Tera dimag thik hai ya nahi?" Pooja chuckled.

"Are of course thik hai yar. But just think na... Naveen Bhaiya actually survived the whole slow-poisoning thing.... Rajveer... ahem... I mean Rajveer Sir..."

"Chal na abhi.... nautanki mat bata..." Pooja said in Alekh's tone.

"Hawww... Alekh ne tujhe bhi bigad diya.... Anyways main bol rahi thi ki RAJ bhi itna aise hero jaise blast ko survive kar gaye aur main... chhi chhi... accha lagta hai kya abhi sunne mein? Isliye meri baat dhyan se sun ye marna-warna chhod... main to bolti hu iske baad wedding plan karte hein..." Naina said and Pooja almost passed out after hearing her.

"Abe tere system mein virus aa gaya hai kya? Kya bak rahi hai?" Pooja asked shocked.

"Yar Pooja... I am on the red-lehenga team. Are shaadi wale din dulhan hi highlight ho kar na dikhe to shaadi karne ka matlab kya fir?" Naina said.