Chapter 34

"Abe Phoolan tu idhar kya kar rahi hai?" Huda stood up in shock.

"More specifically, how did you reach here Naina?" Yudi asked.

"Ae.... mera dimag ab poora out ho raha hai.... chal kya raha hai idhar?" Alekh said, now getting frustrated.

"Same here, Qaidi. Same here." Pooja said and collapsed.

Rajveer was quick to catch her.

"Cadet Ghai, are you alright?" Rajveer said, getting tensed.

Everyone in the room, noticed how Rajveer called Pooja cadet and not captain. He was still same, even after so many years. Some would believe after hearing all about the love between Raj and Naina, that he would certainly forget about his cadets. But that was not the case here. Rajveer may have found his Naina back, but his cadets were his family, too. And hence, he loved each and every single one of them, equally. He cherished them equally. And therefore, he would act the same way if any one of his cadets or even one of his friends got hurt. 

Shalini rushed to his side and checked Pooja. Ali was standing there holding Pooja's hand in worry. Raj, Gunny and Naveen, all raised their eyebrows in shock as well as amusement, seeing Ali's this side.

"Relax guys.... She is okay. She is just exhausted. Pooja achhe se rest nahi kar rahi hai, surely. Is she eating well or not?" Shalini asked the captains.

"Nahi Ma'am. In fact jab se ye us mission se lauti hai, she is neither taking proper rest nor eating her meals on time. Plus kal se kuchh khaya hi nahi... because she was so worried about Naina." Yudi said.

Naina on hearing this, turned dead silent. She didn't say a word and turned to go upstairs on the terrace.

Both Raj and Naveen noted but Huda just signaled them that he'll take care of it.

Huda went up and found Naina sitting on the swing, all curled up.

"Waah... tum dono ka alag hi hai. Tujhe kuchh hota hai to wo chup ho jati hai. Aur ab uski tabiyat kharab hai to tu shant hai." Huda said in his carefree voice as he took a seat next to her.

"Bol kya hua hai tujhe?" Huda said.

Naina looked at him with tear-filled eyes.

"Pooja meri wajah se itni stressed thi, maine dhyan hi nahi diya. Par dekh na... yaha aane ke baad bhi maine use kuchh nahi bola. Chahe us din mujhe mission mein chot lagi ho, ya fir hospital mein ghumne gayi.... na jaane kitni baar... she was so worried for me. I have become so selfish that I didn't even notice how much all of my actions were affecting you all." Naina said in a small voice.

"Naina ek baat bata... ek bachcha jab din bhar ghar mein shararat karta hai, to kya uski shararat se maa-baap ye sochne lagte hein ki ya na rehta to meri zindagi mein shanti rehti hai. Sukoon rehta." Huda asked her.

"Well, on some days, yes they do." Naina chuckled through her tears and Huda too laughed with her.

"Han on some days they do... but Naina you do know that no matter what happens, they wouldn't want it any other way. They love that chaos. Kitni bhi shikayatein kar le but at the end of the day... us shararat ke bina unka man bhi nahi lagta hai. Same here Naina... we may get annoyed by your actions but we wouldn't want it any other way. You know the reason?" 

Naina shook her head in no.

"Because we are a family. No matter how hard the day is... we will always come back to our family.... our home. Kahin bhi kyun na rahe... apne parivar ke bina kahi wo sukoon nahi milta jo yaha hai. Bhale hi kitna bhi hungama kyun na hota rahe but ghar to yahi hai." Huda said as he stared in front of him as the lights of the city began to come to life.

"Aur nahi to kya Naina.... aap yun hi itna soch rahi hai. Bhool gayi aap? Pehle din apse kya kaha tha? Ab to jo bhi hai... hum sab hi hai. No matter what happens, we are together now. How can you think something like that?" Ali said as he sat on Naina's other side.

"Par is yedi ko kuchh samajh thodi na ayega. Isko to bas apna dimag chalana hota hai. Bhale hi wo chalne ki halat mein ho ya na ho." Alekh teased her.

"See... I was right. Tabhi to main sochu ki jo bhi terrace par jaa raha hai wo neeche wapas kyun nahi aa raha. Not fair guys. Tum log yahan baatein kar rahe ho... mere bina..." Yudi complained.

"Abe Usool, tujhe nahi lagta ki apni Madonna ki hindi bahut sudhar gayi hai...." Huda commented and Ali began laughing in answer.

"Aur nahi to kya... Pooja ki language mein kahe to iske system mein hindi varnamala (हिंदी वर्णमाला) poora feed ho gaya hai..." Alekh said in Pooja's mobile language.

"Hindi what dude?" Yudi asked in confusing.

"Lo... atak gaya ye to fir se..." Naina stared laughing. "Koi nahi Yudi, chal neeche chalte hein." Naina took Yudi's hand and took him downstairs only see Samaira standing with blood on her shirt.

"Riaaaa...." Alekh ran to her.

Samaira stood shocked to see everyone in the house. There was so much going on that everyone was confused so Naveen interferred.

"Han Ria ye log yaha hai. Pooja ki tabiyat khrab hai isliye wo so rahi hai... Ab bata ki teri shirt mein ye khoon kiska hai... kya hua?" 

Hearing Naveen reminded her of the condition and she crashed into Alekh's arms and clutched his jacket tightly. Alekh was now more panicked.

"Are Ria... hua kya hai? Bolo to..." Alekh tried to make her answer.

Naina too, stood next to her.

"Ye khoon humara nahi hai...." She replied while crying.

"Are to kiska hai?" It was now Gunny's turn to be scared.

"Wo... us doctor ka..." Ria tried to say between her sobs.

"Kya matlab?" Alekh asked bewildered.

"Wo aaj hospital aya tha. Main ek patient to treat kar rahi thi to side se khade ho kar irritate kar raha tha. Mujhe thik se focus nahi karne de raha tha... har baat mein isko aise nahi aise karte hein... tumhara bandage bandhne ka tareeka galat hai... tum injection galat tareeke se pakad rahi ho. To..." Ria said.

"Oh for the love of God, Ria.... complete the sentence..." Alekh yelled in impatience.

"To maine use maar diya... par lagta hai zyada tez lag gayi use. Wo log mujhe naukari se nikal denge kya... Oh God...." Ria started crying again while the rest of the people in the house just kept standing in shock.

"Ria? Tumne us doctor ko maara?" Naina slowly asked again.

Ria just nodded like a child and again clutched Alekh like a baby monkey.

Laughter erupted from Alekh and then the rest of the team.

"Oh God... so you were crying because you are afraid that you'll lose your job and not because you hit him?" Shalini asked.

And Ria sheepishly nodded in yes.

The laughters intensified and she hid her red face in Alekh's jacket.

"This calls for a celebration. Is chhoti si chuhiya ne badi billi... I mean bille... ko maara hai...." Alekh teased and Ria hit him.

"Oye billa nahi... bilauta bol use..." Huda corrected and the entire room was in stitches.

This was the first time that Ria stood up for herself against the bullying and Alekh couldn't be happier.

If only they knew about the approaching storm.

THAT'S IT FOR NOW GUYS. LET ME KNOW ABOUT YOUR VIEWS IN THE COMMENTS. AND DON'T FORGET TO VOTE. TILL THEN TAKE CARE... BYE BYE ❤️