Chapter 40

The next morning was something different. When the Majors came down for breakfast in the morning, there was a full-blown drama going on. Alekh was sitting with on the edge of couch, sipping his coffee while shaking his head. Ria was trying, keyword trying, to stop herself from bursting out laughing. Yudi was confused then ever and Ali trying to grasp what the hell was happening. While Pooja and Naina were busy in making Aloo Parathe for breakfast. The source of their entertainment was Huda. Huda's mother was now hell-bent on making him get married. She has apparently found a suitable match for her boy, and now was trying to set him up for a date. But then, the tables turned and now Alekh was getting grilled by Huda's Mummyji as she turned into a typical melodramatic mother whose son has 'almost got married' without letting her know. 

Naveen was just bewildered by the scene ahead as he has always seen the Captains acting like kids, once or twice but this was something different, something entirely crazy. Neha and Shalini went to accompany Pooja and Naina. And Raj and Gunny just stood leaning by the staircase, enjoying the view. 

When Alekh disclosed the story behind his sudden engagement, Huda's Mummyji turned livid.

"Oye kiski itni majal ki meri puttar ki taraf ankh utha ke dekhe. Oye puttar ruk tu, main aati hu. Maine fer uski haddiyan tod ke usi se ginwani hai." She said.

"Are nahi nahi... aisi koi baat nahi hai. Ria ne uska sar tod diya hai. Mujhe nahi lagta ki ab wo dobara himmat karega." Alekh tried to calm her.

"Bilkul sahi bola apne Mummyji. Is aadmi ki haddiyan hi todi jaani chahiye." Huda piped in, trying to distract his mother.

Raj chuckled seeing clearly through his tactic.

"Sahi bola wale, tu hoshiyari na maar waha se. Tu kya bhajiye tal raha tha jab itna sab hua?" She again grilled Huda and Huda paled.

"Naina puttar, wo bagal ke ghar mein jin aunty se tu mili thi na.... unka beta tere baare mein puchh raha tha. Wo bhi Navy mein hi hai. Maine use kuchh bataya nahi hai par ho sakta hai ki wo Huda se milne ke bahane wahan aye. To beta, tu apne hisab se dekh lena. Teri khushi sabse upar hein, in logo ka main dekh lungi. Load na lena tu." Huda's Mom dropped another bomb.

"Now, that's interesting. Kyun Major, sahi kaha na?" Neha smirked seeing Rajveer's pale face.

"Tu kaha jaa raha hai?" Gunny asked Naveen.

"Are ab jisko ship se neeche fenkna hai uska naam, uski shakal to dekh puchh lu." Naveen said casually and walked towards the screen. And that's the moment folks. That's when it turned into utter chaos.

"Haayo rabba.... ye to....." Huda's Mom couldn't finish her words, so Huda's father poked his head in from the door to check on her.

"O ji... ab kya kar diya is nalayak..... bhains ki poonchh..... ye to....." He too, stuttered.

"Namaste Aunty Ji.... hehe... mera matlab hai Uncle ji.... um... hehe... main wo..." Naveen too started stammering after seeing the shocked reaction on the faces of Huda's parents.

"Ye saala ek kaam thik se nahi karega. Namaste Aunty ji, Uncle ji. Han ye Naveen hai, Naveen Singh Ahluwalia, Naina ka bhai. Isse pehle aap log bolo, han main bhi zinda hu. Mujhe to aap dono jante hi honge na. Isliye pehle shant ho jaiye. Take a deep breath. Huda, uncle aunty ko shant karo aur unse kehna hum sab shaam ko unse baat karte hein, aaram se. They need time to process the news." Raj said calmly, and gestured Huda to handle from there.

"Rajjjjjjj............" Naina yelled from the kitchen.

"Kya hua?" Raj and others ran to kitchen to see Naina fuming, while Yudi standing in the corner with a guilty expression.