Chapter 42

Naveen was silently driving when his mobile rang.

"What?" He said in an almost tired voice.

"Something's wrong. I can feel it." Abhimanyu said.

"What do you mean?" Now, everyone was alert now.

"The thing is, its too silent. The suspects whom we are tracking are back to their normal routine." Abhimanyu said in a confused voice.

"What the heck is that supposed to mean?" Gunny was getting impatient now.

"What I'm trying to explain is that they are back to their normal lifestyle, living like normal civilians you know. Its weird, because just a few days back they were doing all sorts of suspicious activities and now, its like they never even looked to any illegal activities." Abhimanyu tried to explain in easy terms.

"This could only mean that something huge is going to happen." Naina said.

"Umm... hang on.... I have received a news. BSF have captured 10 militants crossing the Punjab and Rajasthan border with a large amount of explosives and weapons." Abhimanyu shared the news and Naveen's grip on the steering wheel tightened until his knuckles turned white.

"Alright, so now, we have to ensure safety of everyone tomorrow, on the occasion of Republic Day. We have to find out why the hell Major Shekhawat acted the way he did. And we have to catch the lucky ******** who's keeping us all busy for so many days. Geez, is there anything left?" Neha said sarcastically and Gunny just gave her a look.

"There is actually...." Abhimanyu continued and Huda felt like hitting his head.

"Ab kya bacha hua hai, Sirji?" Huda said.

"I have received a news ki Sonmarg area mein, a lot of ladies were complaining of different symptoms and they were admitted to the local hospital and the army was continuously there and....." Abhimanyu was interrupted by Shalini.

"Abhimanyu, I am telling.... don't you dare.... don't you dare to prove my doubts right or else I'll kill you..." Shalini said, clearly frustrated with so many things going.

Abhimanyu gulped and said, "Um.... I am afraid but you guessed correct, the official reports, sent to me 20 mins ago have confirmed that the ladies are infected with the poison, too. And before you kill me, let me just tell you that the water from there is supplied to a large no. of areas including tourist spots and restaurants... so yeah...."

"We are doomed..." Naveen completed Abhimanyu's sentence.

"So, we have to catch the culprit, find a cure, ensure everyone's safety and cherry on top, we have to make sure that the antidote is made on time or else thousands of women are going to die..... Wow.... thanks for reducing the pressure Abhimanyu Sir." Naina grumbled.

"Ab aise hi drive karte rahenge to ho gaya... drive faster Naveen Bhaiya...." Naina hit the back of Naveen's seat.

"Are ae... shant baith.... I am driving na... Abhi agar accident ho gaya to bas fir..." Naveen said to Naina.

"Accident ho na ho.... par itni dheemi driving ki wajah se wahan Delhi mein bahut kuchh ho jayega... Hato aap.... let me drive...." Naina said and asked Naveen to pulled over.

"Oh, before I start driving, please wear your seatbelts." Naina smirked.

"Mar gaye.... lagta hai main kunwara hi marne wala hu..." Huda said to himself as he began saying his last prayers.

"Haayo rabba.... lagta hai apne ranjhe se ab ek chudail ban kar hi mil paungi main..." Pooja whispered and paled.

"Khair jitni zindagi thi... apun jee liye.... Bas Ria se mare bina hi nipat jaunga ab..." Alekh said in a low voice.