Chapter 38

"Alright guys. Maine jo bataya.. that's clear to everyone right?" Raj asked the captains.

"You guys just focus there. Tum sab ki safety ki responsibility humari hogi." Naveen told them.

Shalini got up to pick up a notepad kept on the table near the window. Suddenly, a gunshot was heard.

"Shalini!!!!!!!!!" Naveen yelled and dashed to her side.

"Relax guys. I am fine." Shalini said, a bit shaken up.

"Wait... are you sure the attacker left?" Neha said and as if on the cue, gunshots went off around them.

"Take cover everyone." Gunny yelled for everyone.

Raj and others went to take their weapons. The gunshots were continuous as if there were more than one attacker. They just could catch a breath. Naina and Pooja's gun was in their room. This place was supposed to be their safe house. Suddenly, Yudi screamed from somewhere and Huda ran towards him. Ria was crouched on the floor with her hands on her ears. She was used to treating gunshot wounds but never in her life, she experienced something like this. Raj was next to her but suddenly a vase was hit with a bullet. Its shards hit Naina, right above her eyes and again sat down to avoid getting hit. Alekh ran towards Naina and pushed her behind himself. He signed Raj that he'll handle that side. 

The gunshots stopped after what seemed like others but were actually five minutes. 

Everyone came out of their hiding spots. Naveen and Gunny saw blood on the soil outside which means they managed to hit some of them too.

Shalini and Neha began to see the damage. Yudi's shoulder was bleeding and Naina had a cut above her left eyebrow. Apart from that, Ali hit his head somewhere and there was a streak of dried blood on his forehead but he too was okay. Overall, they all just suffered minor injuries considering the fact that none of them were actually prepared for this attack.

Naveen ran towards Naina and cupped her face.

"Gudiya? Zyada dard ho raha hai kya? Ruk main first aid box le kar aata hu. Yahi ruk." Everyone was moved by seeing Naveen's concern for his little sister but they became extremely emotional after seeing Naveen's reactions for others.

"Oh God! Shalini, check Yudi please. Ise itna kaise lag gaya? And Ali.... sar par gehri chot to nahi hai?" Naveen was panicking over their state.

"Relax Bhaiya, we are all fine, right?" Naina said as she looked at Ali and Yudi for confirmation.

"Yeah, we are good. Besides, ab mujhe hospital jaane ke liye bahana nahi banana padega. I am already injured now." Yudi laughed then winced in pain.

"Unhe yahan ki location kaise mili?" Pooja wondered aloud.

"They bloody dared to attack us like this. This was well-planned. This cannot be done suddenly. How dare they... I mean....." Gunny was way beyond angry right now.

"Relax Gunny. This is in our favor." Raj said calmly as he made sure that the injuries of everyone were being taken care of.

"Abe tum dono ka dimag khrab to nahi ho gaya hai? Abhi tu bol raha hai ki ye attack humare favor mein hai. Kabhi Naina bolti hai ki poisoning humare favor mein hai. Have you both completely lost your mind?" Gunny said, irritated.

"Are, would you just calm down Gunny? Naveen, Shalini and Ria are treating the wounds of everyone, so just call the headquarters. Ab ye attack hi proof hai ki none of us is safe outside. Hence, they have to allow us to stick together. Jisne bhi attack karwaya hai, he wanted to scare us. But use andaza bhi nahi hai ki uski is harkat ne ye sabit kar diya hai, ki hume rokne ki koshish karne wala koi aur nahi, balki department ke andar ka hi koi hai. Kyunki, if we leave out the fact that the Captains have joined us, 3 days back but we were staying here for such a long time. The timing of this attack is remarkable as it proves that someone wanted to attack all of us, together."