Chapter 37

After the little episode downstairs, Raj decided to move upstairs to the terrace but Naina was quick to notice him. Meanwhile, Neha began her introduction as she could see suspicion clearly in the eyes of officers. 

"Relax guys, I am on your side. Mujhe headquarters ne contact kiya tha. They are suspicious about a few people in the office. Therefore, mujhe sir ne kaha that I should contact you all and help you out. In the office, I am on a vacation, somewhere in Paris. And yes, I can feel ki tum logo ka next question ye hi hoga ki main kyun help kar rahi hu to uska answer simple hai. These guys framed my younger brother. Yes, jo officers kuchh month pehle arrest hue hein, unme se ek mera bhai bhi hai. I am not your typical revenge-taking person. But when I saw my brother the last time I visited him..." She took a deep breath to calm herself while Gunny got her a glass of water. 

She raised her eyes in question, to which Gunny replied, "Insan hu... insano wali aadatein hein mujh mein...." 

She just took the glass and continued, "This is the reason when I first heard that they needed some help, I jumped to grab this opportunity. I couldn't leave this chance. So now, here I am. Now tell me, kya plans hein tum logo ke?" 

And everyone looked at each other, not because they did not have a plan, but because there were so many thoughts in their mind that they didn't where to begin with.

Raj was staring at the warmly lit city in front of him.

"Kya hua?" Naina asked.

Raj turned to see her and just smiled and shook his head in no.

"You know, sirf aap hi nahi... main bhi apko samajhne lagi hu. So, kya hua? Bataiye?" Naina asked again.

"I feel like I've failed to protect you guys." Raj said in an honest tone. 

At the time, only the swooshing sound of wind, along with some 70s bollywood songs playing at a distance could be heard.

"And why do you feel that way?" Naina asked in a gentle voice.

Raj turned around to look at the girl who has now grown into strong and mature woman. Naina was still the same, the childishness, the tantrums, the stubborn girl inside. But at the same time, she has grown into a fine lady who would fight the entire world to protect the ones she loves.

"Why shouldn't I feel that way? I failed to protect Naveen, when he needed me. I failed to protect your honor, when you were dragged in the court. And I certainly failed to protect you all from the environment of the detention camp. Only god knows, how much you guys must have suffered because of me. I was supposed to be the one who protects you guys.... not the one who drags you to danger." Raj poured his heart out.

Naina too, took a shaky breath. All these wounds were still not healed. She too, was not completely over those things now. But she knew, that she had to face her fears, if not for herself, then for her Raj. She needs to be there for him, like he used to there for her. And that was possible only when she accepts the things that scared her to death. 

Log kehte hein ki kisi chot ko bharne ke liye use pehle saaf karna hi padta hai.... bhale hi fir usme kitna bhi dard ho. Par mera ye manna hai... ki kisi chot ko thik karne ke liye, humein ye janna zaruri hai... ki humein chot lagi hai...... jab tak ye janenge hi nahi ki chot hai... to us par marham kaise lagayenge.

"You know, I was devasted when I saw that blast. I lost control over myself. I kept running towards your jeep again and again. I lost all my senses." Naina slowly began and Raj could only suck in his breath and listen in anticipation.

"Even after we came back, I had no idea what was going around me. I was like a corpse without any life. So, I went back home. I decided to go abroad as I couldn't step foot in the academy again. To be honest... I was still unaware of what actually I was doing. When we reached the detention center...." Naina paused, unsure of whether she should share the next bit or not. But she decided to listen to her heart.